New Panasonic BD Player Owner-Open/Close Via Remote? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2007, 10:12 AM

Default New Panasonic BD Player Owner-Open/Close Via Remote?

Please don't make fun of me but...I installed the player into my system last night. How the heck do you open/close tray with the remote? I didn't see anything in the manual except under basic play and they had you use the open/close button on the unit itself. Nothing on the remote looks like anything that would perform this function. I also own a Harmony 880 remote and downloaded the codes for the Panasonic. The eject label and button on the Harmony does not open/close the player either...all other functions that I used last night worked.

What am I missing?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:38 PM

Your BD Player should come with a manual. I would suggest to take a look through there first, there should also bee a Panasonic support line number in the manual as well.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:35 PM

Maybe it's only on the actual unit? What's the point of having it on the remote you still have to get up and insert/remove the disc.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:41 PM

Yeah I own two Panasonic DVD players and they both do not have the option to open/close the disc tray using the remote. The same goes with the Blu Ray player
Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingproof73 View Post
Yeah I own two Panasonic DVD players and they both do not have the option to open/close the disc tray using the remote. The same goes with the Blu Ray player
Yikes! that sux.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1ipmode View Post
Quote:
Your BD Player should come with a manual. I would suggest to take a look through there first
, there should also bee a Panasonic support line number in the manual as well.
That is the first place I looked. See my post. Also found out from others that the Panasonic can not do "open/close" from the remote.

Thanks guys for your feedback.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 PM

You can't open the disc tray by the remote, Panasonic remote or any other brand remote. Panasonic has not enabled any type of disc tray movement from remote controls. The reason is if the front door on the Panasonic is closed and you hit the eject button, the disc tray may jam or break. And after all, you do have to get up to take the disc out of the player. Originally I did bother me just a little, but you'll get used to it. Just sit back and let your eyes and ears behold the magic of Blu-ray