What to get - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-15-2008, 05:59 AM

Default What to get

With HD DVD's death closer than I originally thought, I now need a Blu Ray player. I was hoping I would go purple(blue) when the PSthree comes out and I would buy the odd HD DVD must haves.

Sadly all this is change. What player is the best.

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?sear...&go.x=0&go.y=0

Remember 1 equal $2 and I got a feeling the PS3(300) is my best bet.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:32 AM

If you like the game machine idea yes ps3 is the best bet but if you want a standalone i'd buy the sony 300 that comes with the spiderman trilogy.
I have a bdp 300 and with the firmware updates the thing has become very reliable and an excellent player.Plus the spiderman trilogy is worth $80 canadinan so its a good deal.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:33 AM

Sean, I was in the same boat as you and ended up getting a PS3. I realize alot of BD fans say that PIP and Internet access is just a bunch of 'fluff." But, coming from the HD world, you may have an expectation of these abilities. I did. As such, the ONLY player to get right now is the PS3.

I have to say, other than it's "butt ugly" appearance, I am really enjoying it. Oh, it is faster than my A2 and puts out a great picture!

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
If you like the game machine idea yes ps3 is the best bet but if you want a standalone i'd buy the sony 300 that comes with the spiderman trilogy.
I have a bdp 300 and with the firmware updates the thing has become very reliable and an excellent player.Plus the spiderman trilogy is worth $80 canadinan so its a good deal.
Is the BPD300 profile 2 capable?

I would go along with chuckingout but like he said the PS3 is ugly. Hence the reason why I am waiting for the PSthree. If the BDP can be updated then I will get it and it safe me spending money on a remote. However I guess the downside is it don't come with a HDMI cable?