Sticking by Panasonic - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-04-2008, 09:10 PM

Default Sticking by Panasonic

I know some of you out there are upset about the LFE issue with the BD30.I have been buying Panasonic products for about 25 years and have never been dissapointed. Some of my equipment I bought sight and sound unseen,trusting the Panasonic brand.I have about 17 grand in Panasonic/Technics components and don't regret a single purchase.My question is to you people who are bashing the BD30 is why did'nt you by a Sony or Pioneer to match your TV's? I have always believed in a matched system and always will.If you hate the player that much then by all means get something else, but try it first to see how it fairs with the issue.As for me I am more than happy with my player and can't wait for Panasonic to release a receiver to go with it.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghaze42 View Post
I know some of you out there are upset about the LFE issue with the BD30.I have been buying Panasonic products for about 25 years and have never been dissapointed. Some of my equipment I bought sight and sound unseen,trusting the Panasonic brand.I have about 17 grand in Panasonic/Technics components and don't regret a single purchase.My question is to you people who are bashing the BD30 is why did'nt you by a Sony or Pioneer to match your TV's? I have always believed in a matched system and always will.If you hate the player that much then by all means get something else, but try it first to see how it fairs with the issue.As for me I am more than happy with my player and can't wait for Panasonic to release a receiver to go with it.

It is not about bashing the Panasonic, it is about being unbiased and realizing that the player is defective if you are using HDMI for audio. The reason for all the fuss is in hope of a fix. I am sure you would gladly take a fully functioning BD30 if Panny offered to replace yours even though you are bashing the ones who would ultimately be the cause of getting that non defective player in your hands.

The other reason this is so dissapointing is Panasonic is basicaly saying that most people have not found the issue, so it is not that big a deal and not worth fixing. Go to avsforum.com and read the BD30 owners thread and you will see the stance that Panny is taking on this issue. It is dissapointing to say the least.

My question to you is why do you ignorantly and so completely in bias defend the BD30 when it has been well documented at this point to be clearly defective?

The fact is that the BD30 is defective when using HDMI for audio with a PCM track/source. If this does not bother you fine, but this a big issue for quite a few of us BD30 owners who care about accurate audio and are not able to get that with HDMI and PCM sorces at the moment.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 PM

AVS has always had something bad to say about the BD30.I just watched "Gone in 60 Seconds" in standard 5.1 and it sounded great on my Technics THX speaker system.I am sure when I get a receiver that was made to work with the BD30 it will sound fine.Good luck with your next player being perfect in everyway.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:21 PM

How about instead of bashing fellow BD30 owners you guys focus your efforts in a short polite letter to the Panasonic President of the Consumer Electronic Division which is linked here....

Also, cc: this guy in the email: Shiro Kitajima [email protected]

He is President of the Consumer Electronics Division

It is in everyones best interest who owns a BD30 and uses HDMI for audio to atleast drop a polite/profesional email to the Panny Cons Elect President explaining the issue, the current stance of Panasonic (which is that they are not going to do anything about the defect) and why we the consumer should not have to "deal with it" considering "it" is a manufacturer defect and should be corrected for at that level.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
AVS has always had something bad to say about the BD30.I just watched "Gone in 60 Seconds" in standard 5.1 and it sounded great on my Technics THX speaker system.I am sure when I get a receiver that was made to work with the BD30 it will sound fine.Good luck with your next player being perfect in everyway.

"Standard 5.1" and by this I assume you mean DD will not be affected (which is why it sounded great, and is correct by the way) if your receiver is doing the decoding. If the Panny is decoding to PCM and sending to your receiver over HDMI, then you are affected and it should sound better.

I can gaurantee it will sound fine as well when you get a 1.3 receiver or a receiver that has HDMI input so you can take advantage of uncompressed PCM (which is one that was "made to work with the BD30"), but I can also gaurantee that it will also NOT sound correct and WOULD sound noticably better if the BD30 was not defective with the LFE bug.

You obviously have not followed the BD30 on AVS since its introduction into the market.

You could not be more wrong. The BD30 was praised above EVERY other BR player on the market at AVS UNTIL the LFE flaw was found. The LFE flaw was not found until the player was on the market for a few months which is a LOT of praise.

Here is a link to the owners thread starting on page 1.....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=936144

The LFE flaw was not found until about post #1905 which is my post describing in detail what the issue is. That is nearly 2000 posts of almost unanimous praise, so like I said you could not be MORE wrong. Also, this is only the BD30 owners thread. If you do a search in the general BR player forum you will find many other various posts praising the BD30, until the defect was found.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddS View Post
How about instead of bashing fellow BD30 owners you guys focus your efforts in a short polite letter to the Panasonic President of the Consumer Electronic Division which is linked here....

Also, cc: this guy in the email: Shiro Kitajima [email protected]

He is President of the Consumer Electronics Division

It is in everyones best interest who owns a BD30 and uses HDMI for audio to atleast drop a polite/profesional email to the Panny Cons Elect President explaining the issue, the current stance of Panasonic (which is that they are not going to do anything about the defect) and why we the consumer should not have to "deal with it" considering "it" is a manufacturer defect and should be corrected for at that level.
Thanks for the email address.I sent him a message telling him that many owners are upset and ask him to check into the issue.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the email address.I sent him a message telling him that many owners are upset and ask him to check into the issue.

Very much appreciate your help.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:59 AM

I always say better to be product smart than brand loyal. That is why my A/V gear contains a mix of: Panasonic, Sony, Integra/Onkyo, Parasound, PSB, Velodyne, and Toshiba. No A/V company is top notch in every type of electronics category - some make better receivers while other make better optical players and others make better TVs, etc...

And, in this case, I believe Panasonic's response to the customer and situation has been substandard. Despite my belief that the BD30 is currently the best overall BD standalone, I feel the BD30 is still an unsatisfactory player due to its LFE design flaw. Therefore, I am returning my BD30 this week and will await the next wave of BD players in May/June. I will not rule out the BD50 but I will definitely wait to see if the LFE bug plagues the BD50 as it has all past Panasonic BD players. If it does, I will simply go with a different brand player. Again, better to be product smart than brand loyal IMO.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 AM

I'm another long time Panasonic fan who bought the BD30 and was disappointed when the LFE bug was uncovered. I don't have a receiver that can handle HDMI yet, so my plan was to just run the basic DD or DTS tracks through coax until I upgraded my receiver. Now I have less urgency on upgrading the receiver, since I know that the balance will be incorrect for any discs with PCM, of which I already have quite a few. I'm sticking with the BD30, I'm past the return window anyway, but I REALLY hope they start listening to the complaints from myself and others and fix this! Maybe I'd even forgive them enough to hope for a Panasonic receiver that will do the job
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Default I agree

[QUOTE=Ruined;719944]I always say better to be product smart than brand loyal. That is why my A/V gear contains a mix of: Panasonic, Sony, Integra/Onkyo, Parasound, PSB, Velodyne, and Toshiba. No A/V company is top notch in every type of electronics category - some make better receivers while other make better optical players and others make better TVs, etc...

finally an intelligent response.... what you are doing is the smartest and best way to have the quality product you deserve for your money....I do the same..and always advise others..buy the best no matter who makes it...

Last edited by gene9p; 02-05-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: mispelling