Internal PC Player - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 35
Default Internal PC Player

First post! I did a bit of searching for a list of available BR players for the PC and didn't come with anything. I saw Newegg has a LiteOn for $189, but there is 0 support on the website. Any recommendations for a 1.2 player?

Edit: Is the Sony BDU-X10S a 1.2 player?

Last edited by GregB; 01-24-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
First post! I did a bit of searching for a list of available BR players for the PC and didn't come with anything. I saw Newegg has a LiteOn for $189, but there is 0 support on the website. Any recommendations for a 1.2 player?

Edit: Is the Sony BDU-X10S a 1.2 player?
1.2 player?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 35
Default

Sorry a version 1.1 player. I guess it goes 1.0, 1.1, 2.0. I didn't think there were any internal 2.0 players out there...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Sorry a version 1.1 player. I guess it goes 1.0, 1.1, 2.0. I didn't think there were any internal 2.0 players out there...
No, the PC uses software. The drive will output everything it reads to the software player which needs to be updated to take advantage of the new features.

It's not worth the trouble IMO. A ton of new releases cannot be played on the PC due to poor software needing updates constantly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 146
Default

Link to Sony player for reference.

Kind of wanting one of these. Rewritable one has dropped to $429 on SonyStyle.com too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 914
Default

if you need the storage that BD-Rom offers then sure. I wouldn't count on it as reliable blu-ray playback though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 35
Default

Thats too bad about manufacturers not releasing software updates quickly enough. The reason I want a player for my pc is because its already my home theater; widescreen display, awesome speakers, uber graphics card... About how often do the software players get updated? (don't say not quickly enough!)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Thats too bad about manufacturers not releasing software updates quickly enough. The reason I want a player for my pc is because its already my home theater; widescreen display, awesome speakers, uber graphics card... About how often do the software players get updated? (don't say not quickly enough!)
Well, 3:10 to Yuma still won't play and that came out when?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is This Internal HD DVD Player Any Good? dfms23 HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 19 05-13-2009 10:30 PM
Recommend me an internal player: GregB Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 7 11-28-2008 07:11 AM
Sony intros sub-$200 internal Blu-ray drive zombieflanders CES 2008: General Discussion 0 01-06-2008 07:56 PM
Comming soon XBOX 360 whit internal HD-DVD player? mamec High Definition Smackdown 49 08-14-2007 08:43 PM
internal hd-dvd for xbox 360 resevilfan86 HD DVD and Video Game Consoles 22 11-03-2006 05:55 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off