Broke Blu Ray players on EBay - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-23-2008, 10:06 PM

Default Broke Blu Ray players on EBay

I was looking at Blu Ray players on EBay and if you look at the listings with the lowest price, you get a bunch of Blu Ray players that say they are broke. They've actually been tested and they don't work.

Let's say I bought one of these for $20 plus $20 shipping. How much would it cost me to get it fixed? Would Best Buy or Fry's be able to fix it?

Why would anyone even buy one of these unless they were going to get it fixed?

Saxon
Old 01-23-2008, 11:44 PM

They might have a player that is the same model already. If they do, they may plan to use the broken ebay player to shotgun parts for there player. If you know what you're doing and the players are both broken for different reason, you can pretty easily make 1 of the player in good working order again.

I used to do that kind of stuff all the time through ebay. I would buy like 3 or 4 of the same broken item that if it was working would sell for $300-$400. The broken items could usually be had for like $10 to $15 each. If I could take the 4 items and make one or 2 working ones out of those I made a big profit. It's a big pain in the butt though.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:16 AM

Don't know about Fry's but BB sends that stuff off either to the manufacturer or to "Geek Squad City" which is a warranty repair center. Thing is, it has to be cover with the extended service plan first or you have to pay to have them even look at it. But, ya, GSC could prolly fix it.