Blu-ray, You want me?? Then give me what I want! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

Post Blu-ray, You want me?? Then give me what I want!

OK guys....I have 1 thing to ask Blu-Ray: You want me? Then give me what I want!

1. Give me a standalone player that will retail $499 or cheaper.

and no! I don't mean this POS:
http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/16...ng-the-budget/
It clearly isn't worth the money for me!

I also don't mean the PS3 either! NO THANK YOU!

2. Give me BD-J enabled disk. THe same features HDi has.
3. Give me clarity like HD DVD. From all I've read, there are good movies on BD too but FOX is creating crappy movies.
4. Give me promises that you can keep and don't make me spend $1000 + for a player.

Give me all of those and I will be the first one to go and join your crowd....
Your time starts now and I will give you exactly 1 year to do so.

Anyone else has any demands add to the list too...But make it logical. Dont' make it look like BD is a crap and has nothing to offer because they do. I am tired of the whole war and want all of us to be united into 1 format. 1 PERFECT FORMAT like SD DVD!

Last edited by Aiightshutup; 02-23-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: I put the wrong URL before...becuase they both have the same pictures. Sorry guys......it's fixed now.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:46 AM

Seriously.
There is life out there aside from watching HD all day long.

HD-DVD is great. Stick with it until it dies off (if it does). By then, blu-ray players will be cheap.

And secondly, I don't see anything wrong with using a PS3 as a blu-ray player. Even if you're not a gamer, I'm sure you have friends who are and relatives/family members...

Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 02-23-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:48 AM

I felt the same way about the PS3 a little while back but here we are, I currently have a PS3.

I don't regret it one bit, I like Resistance, and I have The Prestige, Reservoir Dogs, Reign of Fire and the Punisher on order. And I''ll be enjoying POTC, and Casion Royal when it comes out as well as Childeren of Men and anything else Universal decides to release.

As far as dual releases like WB or Paramount I will be getting the HD-DVD version for the extra content.

I are teh winnar.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiightshutup View Post
OK guys....I have 1 thing to ask Blu-Ray: You want me? Then give me what I want!

http://techdigest.tv/2007/01/asda_debuts_the.html

2. Give me BD-J enabled disk. THe same features HDi has.
3. Give me clarity like HD DVD. From all I've read, there are good movies on BD too but FOX is creating crappy movies.
4. Give me promises that you can keep and don't make me spend $1000 + for a player.

Give me all of those and I will be the first one to go and join your crowd....
Your time starts now and I will give you exactly 1 year to do so.

Anyone else has any demands add to the list too...But make it logical. Dont' make it look like BD is a crap and has nothing to offer because they do. I am tired of the whole war and want all of us to be united into 1 format. 1 PERFECT FORMAT like SD DVD!
Just to emphasize the question... Whats wrong with using the PS3 for Blu-ray playback? I'll be using mine for games and movies.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluray View Post
Seriously.
There is life out there aside from watching HD all day long.

HD-DVD is great. Stick with it until it dies off (if it does). By then, blu-ray players will be cheap.

And secondly, I don't see anything wrong with using a PS3 as a blu-ray player. Even if you're not a gamer, I'm sure you have friends who are and relatives/family members...
Not the correct answer buddy. My whole point is that, since all the BD supporters claim that the technology is FAR FAR superior to HD DVD. So I am asking you to give me a good reason to join you and just forget about HD DVD.
Don't tell me you don't want me in the Blu-Ray camp because you do. You want every HD DVD owners in your camp. Or else, there wouldn't be the whole argument to begin with.

Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 02-23-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: edited quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Here you go.
Quote:
I don't know why not, since it's probably the most future-proof. Look at wingnut, he likes it!
Quote:
Give me BD-J enabled disk. THe same features HDi has.
At the very least, both POTC movies will have it.
Quote:
Give me clarity like HD DVD. From all I've read, there are good movies on BD too but FOX is creating crappy movies.
We've provided you plenty of evidence that in terms of the formats as a whole Blu-ray gives you the same "clarity" as HD DVD. It's your choice to ignore it for the few bad apples.
Quote:
Give me promises that you can keep and don't make me spend $1000 + for a player.
PS3 and Funai--who produce players for Denon, BTW--mentioned above, as well as the second-gen $600 Samsung (with all the features of the HDXA2, which you have to pay $1000 for), the new Sony "Sapphires" expected later this year.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:

http://techdigest.tv/2007/01/asda_debuts_the.html

Isn't it a little convenient to sweep aside feasible solutions to some of your stipulations? Next you'll see BD-J working in full effect on the PS3 with Pirates of the Caribbean and still say "no thanks, no PS3" thus conveniently bypassing stipulation #2.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Isn't it a little convenient to sweep aside feasible solutions to some of your stipulations? Next you'll see BD-J working in full effect on the PS3 with Pirates of the Caribbean and still say "no thanks, no PS3" thus conveniently bypassing stipulation #2.

It's just another flame-bait posting AGAIN by Aiight..

I mean what is really the whole point of this posting if he's so secure in his adopted HD choice.

He's either bored today or having a bit of HD-DVD cold feet.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
Here you go.
I don't know why not, since it's probably the most future-proof. Look at wingnut, he likes it!
At the very least, both POTC movies will have it.
We've provided you plenty of evidence that in terms of the formats as a whole Blu-ray gives you the same "clarity" as HD DVD. It's your choice to ignore it for the few bad apples.
PS3 and Funai--who produce players for Denon, BTW--mentioned above, as well as the second-gen $600 Samsung (with all the features of the HDXA2, which you have to pay $1000 for), the new Sony "Sapphires" expected later this year.
First of all. I told you, dont' put that Funai $500 player. That was the link I posted above. I want a named company in my A/V rack. So far, Toshiba is perfect for my home theater. It doesn't look like it wasn't meant to be there. Reason why I sold my xbox 360 and got the Toshiba to begin with.
2nd. PS3 again, is NOT a standalone player. A standalone player comes with optional input/outputs and a REMOTE! (I mean with Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive, it at least comes with a remote.....
3rd When Samsung comes out with the $600 BD player, we'll be ready with our Toshiba HD-A20 which is also a 1080p HD DVD player.

Quote:

Doby, bro, I have NOOO problem with the PS3 and I will NOT deny that it's a good player, probably the best BD player next to the Pioneer Elite. But like I said above, a standalone player IMO has all the usual input/outputs and comes with a REMOTE.

...and gobluray.....stick to the point of this thread. if you have something unrelated, please take it elsewhere and creat your own post about how people are feeling today.

Last edited by Aiightshutup; 02-23-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:

So if Sony strip out the gaming part of PS3, included a remote - took out the hard drive and made it look like the a stand alone you - you would be find. Sounds like its either that you don't like Sony or that you don't want a console. I think they could do this $400.