settings for Pani DMP-BD30 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Default settings for Pani DMP-BD30

Ok so I got a new Pani and was wondering if there is any special settings I need to know about. Im using a HDMI cable and I have it set on 1080p and just watched Night of the Musem and the PQ was not that clear. I tried watching POTC2 and it was better but still not that great. I have a Pani 58" tv.
Thanks!

BYW, this forum is great!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
lghaze42's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alktrainer View Post
Ok so I got a new Pani and was wondering if there is any special settings I need to know about. Im using a HDMI cable and I have it set on 1080p and just watched Night of the Musem and the PQ was not that clear. I tried watching POTC2 and it was better but still not that great. I have a Pani 58" tv.
Thanks!

BYW, this forum is great!!
Sounds like a bad cable or connection to me.I have mine set on enhanced mode and 1080i since i have an older Panasonic LCD.My PQ is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks!
I will check the HDMI cable
It was a free one a buddy gave me and not a gold one at that. DO you think that would make s differnace?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
lghaze42's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alktrainer View Post
Thanks!
I will check the HDMI cable
It was a free one a buddy gave me and not a gold one at that. DO you think that would make s differnace?
It could be.Get Monster Cable if you can.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Giantfoot08's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghaze42 View Post
It could be.Get Monster Cable if you can.
I think it HIGHLY unlikely a cable problem. If it is, you do not need to go spend $100+ at Best Buy for Monster Cable. You can go on monoprice.com and get a 1.3 HDMI for $10 shipped. There is no noticeable difference in quality.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2008, 04:41 AM
lghaze42's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantfoot08 View Post
I think it HIGHLY unlikely a cable problem. If it is, you do not need to go spend $100+ at Best Buy for Monster Cable. You can go on monoprice.com and get a 1.3 HDMI for $10 shipped. There is no noticeable difference in quality.
Only the very hig end Monster cables are $100+. I paid $65 for mine.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Broadbandit's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghaze42 View Post
Only the very hig end Monster cables are $100+. I paid $65 for mine.
still ridiculous price to pay. I have ordered 2-3 cables from newegg for 10 bucks shipped (a piece) and have used them for the past year and a half. no problem
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 PM
lghaze42's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandit View Post
still ridiculous price to pay. I have ordered 2-3 cables from newegg for 10 bucks shipped (a piece) and have used them for the past year and a half. no problem
Do your cables have full lifetime warranties?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Solstice X's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghaze42 View Post
Do your cables have full lifetime warranties?
I use monster cabling in my rig also. They're not bad. I would only recommend them if you have OCD like I do.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 PM
GardenVariety's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,961
Default

Monster cables are a joke. HDMI is 1's and 0's and has no bearing on insulation or "quality" of the cable. I have a $135.00 monster cable and a $10.00 with NO difference. As long as the speed rating on the cable will support the advanced codecsa and HDMI 1.3 there will be no difference.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panasonic 2011 Blu-ray player pricing info (DMP-BDT210, DMP-BDT110, and DMP-BD75) HDTV1080P Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 5 04-06-2011 09:27 PM
Panasonic DMP-BD30 will be around $394 from some discount mail order companies HDTV1080P Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 1 12-03-2007 04:30 AM
Panasonic DMP-BD30 made in......?????? Bluyoda Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 7 11-26-2007 01:08 PM
Panny DMP-BD30 FW Upgrade Available cheezz Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 1 11-20-2007 03:36 PM
DMP-BD30 Resume Play? cheezz Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 5 11-19-2007 10:18 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off