Lovin my Samsung BDP 1400! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-02-2008, 05:45 PM

Default Lovin my Samsung BDP 1400!

I have to say that so far I am really diggin the BDP 1400. I upgraded from the BDP 1000. I have had ZERO problems with ANY movie and it performs wonderfully...

With all the threads stating people having problems with Samsung players, I thought that I would see how many people are having a great movie viewing experience with this player like I am..

All comments welcomed...
Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 AM

I have this player as well and love it. Works very well and has performed beautifully!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:46 PM

I've had mine since late October and as you stated, it has worked great... until I bought Live Free or Die Hard. It won't play it. I did the last FW update and it still has issues. All other discs (SD and BD) have worked without a hitch. I'm a bit concerned with Fox movies in general because it seems that they are difficult for the Samsung's to read for some reason. There is supposed to be a new FW update in a week or two but in the meantime LFDH doesn't work. I tried a different disc, still nothing. POTC 3 works fine though and some people have had trouble with it as well.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:22 PM

i've had really good luck with this unit as well. I did have a problem with LFDH but then i updated the firmware and it played just fine afterwards. I'm just hoping there won't be any problems playing Sunshine.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffeman View Post
i've had really good luck with this unit as well. I did have a problem with LFDH but then i updated the firmware and it played just fine afterwards.
Ditto for me!

I know it's only profile 1.0 but who cares. Great PQ and SQ and bitstreams all sound formats in 7.1. I am extremely pleased with this player!

-A
Old 01-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffeman View Post
i've had really good luck with this unit as well. I did have a problem with LFDH but then i updated the firmware and it played just fine afterwards. I'm just hoping there won't be any problems playing Sunshine.
So updating to FW 1.2 resolved LFDH? I called Cust Ser and they said that the next FW in Jan is going to resolve it. I wish mine would play LFDH... weird how one player plays it and another doesn't
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNKLoud View Post
So updating to FW 1.2 resolved LFDH? I called Cust Ser and they said that the next FW in Jan is going to resolve it. I wish mine would play LFDH... weird how one player plays it and another doesn't
Don't believe anything Samsung customer service has to say...ever. They have the worst support I have ever had to deal with concerning electronics. Just a piece of advice from someone whose dealt with them on an ongoing basis.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM

I opened mine about 10 minutes ago & I'm updating firmware now. Can't wait to hear DTS-HD for the first time. Can't wait to hear TrueHD bitstreammed to my 605.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:19 PM

so far I have 2 gripes....

(1) Downloading firmware via ethernet port was extremely slow. I have a 15MBd/1MBu connection. Got sick of waiting and d/l'd it from the samsung website in less than a minute & burned it in another minute. I can't recommend updating your firmware through the players connection.

(2) I've only opened it once but I really didn't care for the sound of the disc tray...rather loud.

I'm so excited!!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

Default Whoa

did you you interrupt the firmware upgrade while online.?....hope you didn't kill your player..never interrupt a player while updating firmware..whether online or from a disc..you can turn your player into a brick