DMP-BD30 Resume Play? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-18-2007, 07:09 PM

Default DMP-BD30 Resume Play?

Got my panny BD30 last night and tested out a rental BD movie "Ghost Rider". Stopped the movie halfway thru then powered it off. Continued to view movie this afternoon. The player resumed play from where I left off. Is(was) this a new feature for blu-ray players or just this panny? I tried it several times...power on and off...and it still resumes plays. It's way different than my Tosh A35. Everytime I stop or poweroff, the disk plays from the beginning...very annoying.
The BD30 seems to be a really better player than the A35. I don't know if the resume play works on all BD disk since I only have Ghost Rider to test it with. Need your inputs. TIA
Old 11-18-2007, 07:38 PM

i was reading this and wonder to myself why turning something off while it running would be considered something that would be done on a regular basis or a benefit.....i have the samsung 1000 model and i remember the power flickering and when it came back on the movie picked up where it left off....but i was pissed off that my player was shut off while it was in the middle of playing and also my dlp tv bulb.....i bought and monster home theather backup power supply so that this would not happen again....what might be more benifical would be able to bookmark where you want to leave off in a movie so when you come back you can just play from where you left off or bookmark favorite places in a movie to come back to....i guess this feature is only now in a couple of bluray movies!!!! lets talk about pushing bluray to make bookmarking a feature in every movie
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Some BDs seem to have the feature to allow them the start from where they left off. I tend to get Sony BDs to do this while titles like FFROTSS did not do this for me
Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 PM

I need to go rent out a couple more BD disks to see if this feature really works. If it does, it would be a big plus for the panny.
Is there a bookmark feature for this player tho? If it does how does it work?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 PM

My Panasonic BD10A does resume play as well. It does it with DVDs as well, so I think it's a benefit of the player, not the discs.

Bookmarks I think are a function of certain discs. I noticed Spiderman 3 has it, but I don't remember seeing this on other discs.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 AM

From my experience with this function, Java discs do not resume upon shutting down and starting back up. Most other titles do.