Finally got the Elite BDP95fd - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-11-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Finally got the Elite BDP95fd

I Finally got the Elite BDP95FD blu-ray player to go with my Elite VSX92TXH. Cant wait to fire it up and listen to Kindom of Heaven in DTS Master Audio
Old 11-11-2007, 02:42 PM

Thumbs up tested this player last night

Ok after messing around with this player last night I came to 2 opinions.
Anyone that says there is no difference between the player decoding DOLBY TRUE HD and the core of the DTS MA track VS the receiver decoding the full DTS MA track and DOLBY TRUE HD, either doesnt have good speakers or is bsing. Wow what an awsome sound, Kindom of Heaven's DTS MA track sounded amazing. Also tested Spider man 2 in Dolby THD and that sounded amazing as well.
Also I thought the PQ was much better then the PS3.
Now boot up time and loading time for movies is another story. Man i didnt realize how spoiled i was with the fast boot up time of the PS3 and how fast it loads movies.Thats really the only negative thing I have to say about The Elite player. Altho its probably faster then most stand alone BD players it was still painful waiting for it to boot up and load the movie.So i think the ps3 is still a great value since it performs flawless and costs less then half the price of the Elite BDP95FD . But I have no regrets buying this player, I can put up with the slower boot up and loading time if it means getting the best sound possible and picture quality. Hope this helps anyone that was trying to decide on buying this player.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 AM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and initial impressions with it thus far. I've had my eye on this one as well, and its good to hear other people's feedback prior to buying.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 PM

Does the ps 3 have the 24 fps like the pioneer ,, i really dont care too much about the audio since my pre/pro has uncompressed over HDMI the joys of a SSP-100 ..so i just want to know about the picture quality over the PS3 TY Mike
Old 01-19-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino13 View Post
Ok after messing around with this player last night I came to 2 opinions.
Anyone that says there is no difference between the player decoding DOLBY TRUE HD and the core of the DTS MA track VS the receiver decoding the full DTS MA track and DOLBY TRUE HD, either doesnt have good speakers or is bsing.
I don't think this is what people have claimed, in general. The new argument is usually over whether bitstreaming a track or having the player decode it to PCM and transmit that is better. Your Pioneer cannot decode the full TrueHD stream but can only bitstream it (if you try to have it decode TrueHD, it'll only decode the Dolby Digital shadow track).
Old 01-19-2008, 07:18 PM

My Halcro has the MPCM over HDMI so any reviews on pic quality over PS3 would be greatly appreciated and does the PS3 have the 24 FPS frame rate like the pioneer my TV has the ability to do the 24 FPS ..and BTW the MPCM audio smokes regular DD or DTS no comparison ,, my .02
Old 01-19-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcro 1 View Post
My Halcro has the MPCM over HDMI so any reviews on pic quality over PS3 would be greatly appreciated and does the PS3 have the 24 FPS frame rate like the pioneer my TV has the ability to do the 24 FPS ..and BTW the MPCM audio smokes regular DD or DTS no comparison ,, my .02
the PS3 CAN do 1080p/24 output. There is an option under display settings.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 PM

Is the Elite really worth the price though? It is a very sharp looking unit thats for sure...But

Does the high price justify it being that much better than the newest BR players out right now?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:09 AM

Smile

Is the 24 FPS a really big deal ..TY for the tip on getting that function working on my PS3 .....Iwish there more input on the vid quality on the pioneer vs. the PS3