panasonic problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Default panasonic problem

Ok I just bought this player and I have a few questions and comments.
First tried to update the firmware but I couldnt do it. Panasonic says to right click on the file and do a "send to" my burner but the only thing is my computer doesnt have that option. So I called panasonic and they refused to send me a firmware disc WTF is that? Do I have another option to get the firmware burned to a disc? Another program maybe?
Second. I have read really good reviews of this player so I know its something that I'm doing wrong because it looks washed out. I've never had a player where I've had picture settings on the player and the TV so I'm not sure what to do with it. But maybe the problem is somewhere else. Ive got it hooked up to a 1080p TV through hdmi. I havent tried another cable yet.
So far, Ive tried gone in 60 secs, deja vu and regin of fire. While deja looked the best it looks washed out like the color was sucked out of it. Ive heard nothing but good things about this player so I want to keep it. I got a good deal on it too. So pleas help me out cause I dont want a ps3 lol.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Banned

Have you read the manual?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:49 PM

No. It looks washed out. I've never seen anything on how to fix that in a manuel. I've tried tweaking with the settings for like an hour but it still looks washed out. I've had a 1400 and that looked great so I know its not my TV or its settings.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

Try reading the manual. All I'm going to do is read the manual for me and I'd rather not.

You might have to set up the resolution output. If it's 480i it'll looked washed out. You might have picture settings that are weird. If you have Terminator 2 you can run the THX optimizer and reset the picture (if you don't have individual settings for each TV input you might be able to do this from the player's settings).

Basically the answer is RTFM and it always is. Most of the answers I give to people on here come right out of the manual and if the owner had bothered reading it it would have saved everyone time.