Silly PS3 Question.. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Silly PS3 Question..

sorry I don't know the answer to this

I only ever imported HD-DVD's but I wanted to import a few BD titles and I wondered if they would play on my UK PS3?? Is it all reigon free just like HD-DVD??

If they wouldn't play on my PS3 is there anyway to unlock the PS3...like some kind of remote crack? just like they had on DVD players....
Old 10-23-2007, 07:45 AM
HDD Contributor

Nope, sorry.

The PS3 is only region free for games. For BD movie titles a new region coding is in effect. They've simplified it now to three regions. Generally speaking, Region A is the Americas, Southeast Asia, Japan, Taiwan, Korea and Hong Kong.

Region B is Europe, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.

Region C is China, Russia and India.

And the PS3 hasn't been cracked yet. Though rapid progress of piracy in medium, it's probably a foregone conclusion that it'll happen.

Or actually, just follow the below advice. While Region coding is present in the PS3, not all studios necessarily follow it...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:46 AM

Check this site (http://bluray.liesinc.net/) to see if your desired titles play on your PS3. You're region B.