PS3 1.93 firmware update - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-24-2007, 08:58 PM

Default PS3 1.93 firmware update

My system requires this update, any clue to what it adds?

Is there a linky that lists all the PS3 updates and the new features?

Also...does it normally take sooooo long for these updates to download.

I'm running HS cable access, my wireless network is G, so it isn't the connection.

thx r
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.D.inToronto View Post
My system requires this update, any clue to what it adds?

Is there a linky that lists all the PS3 updates and the new features?

Also...does it normally take sooooo long for these updates to download.

I'm running HS cable access, my wireless network is G, so it isn't the connection.

thx r
http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates

It's slow or me as well. The file is around 100mb (i think).
Old 09-24-2007, 10:41 PM

although the files are big, what are you guys talking in terms of slow because i dunno what it is but ive never had a problem with speed of the updates, or the PSN store.

For example, within 2-3 hours max, on thursday, the minute all the new content is launched, im able to download 3 demos, 5 videos and few other things and thats about a good 5-6GB of stuff. Seems normal to me.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
although the files are big, what are you guys talking in terms of slow because i dunno what it is but ive never had a problem with speed of the updates, or the PSN store.

For example, within 2-3 hours max, on thursday, the minute all the new content is launched, im able to download 3 demos, 5 videos and few other things and thats about a good 5-6GB of stuff. Seems normal to me.
Come on now ... I'm in the mountains of Virginia, you're in California! I have the highest speed Verizon DSL can give me, 3.5 megabit. Maybe it's not that it's slow ... I just don't have the patience.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT JJR View Post
Come on now ... I'm in the mountains of Virginia, you're in California! I have the highest speed Verizon DSL can give me, 3.5 megabit. Maybe it's not that it's slow ... I just don't have the patience.
3.5MBS for DSL is not bad at all considering most people have 768kbs or 1.5MBS.

I have 6MBS currently so that can be possibly why but more, i have huge patience with electronics. Others might not but what I usually do is on thursday, start all the downloads and then watch some CNBC and catch up on wtf is going in the world or homework or something while the PS3 downloads and [email protected] and then once im back, walla, all is done
Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT JJR View Post
http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates

It's slow or me as well. The file is around 100mb (i think).
Thanks. I think Sony needs to invest in more servers. Or package up the updates different, more frequent and smaller.