Step it up Sony! - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
nexpos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 566
Default Step it up Sony!

Sorry, first post here and I may get flamed. But, I'm a fan of Blu-Ray and own a PS3 with a few movie titles. I kind of wish Sony would step it up here a bit with some shocking price cuts, or some response to the studio movement. It was such a back and forth Monday/Tuesday, but quiet today. Maybe more free discs? Lower prices? Newer, cheaper players? 399 for 60gb PS3? Need some action on the Blu Ray front!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,360
Default

I do see the BD companies kicking it up a notch. There are so many of them that if they each put in 1/10th the effort Toshiba did they would blow HD DVD out of the proverbial water.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2007, 06:58 AM
irrob's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,268
Default

I think the number 1 thing the BDA could do to "step up" is lower standalone prices. Or introduce an entry level player to compete against HD DVD's reduced feature HD-A2
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-25-2007, 09:30 AM
johnnyd1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrob View Post
I think the number 1 thing the BDA could do to "step up" is lower standalone prices. Or introduce an entry level player to compete against HD DVD's reduced feature HD-A2
I understand what you are saying and believe it is around the corner !

But as far as the A2 , no, unless the consumer likes to watch a skipping movie

Last edited by johnnyd1; 08-25-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-27-2007, 06:43 AM
taygan315's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexpos View Post
Sorry, first post here and I may get flamed. But, I'm a fan of Blu-Ray and own a PS3 with a few movie titles. I kind of wish Sony would step it up here a bit with some shocking price cuts, or some response to the studio movement. It was such a back and forth Monday/Tuesday, but quiet today. Maybe more free discs? Lower prices? Newer, cheaper players? 399 for 60gb PS3? Need some action on the Blu Ray front!
Say it like you mean it brother!!! Welcome to the site. I am in total agreement with you. That is one thing I dont like about Sony. They get a ''lead'' and they get all cocky on us and just rest on it's laurels. They start making wild and ''arrogant presumptious'' statements like the hd war is over. Then while they are sleeping on the job dreaming of their eventual victory, the rug gets pulled out from beneath them (Paramount)!!! Sony better do something. How about the idea of Sony and Disney working together to accquire Warner??? Lower the PS3 another $100 and this time...dont phase them out!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
nexpos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 566
Default

Well, no one has done anything in almost a week. I'm curious about Sony's response via cuts or the studios pushing more releases. I'm carefully watching the other studios. I see a few more HD DVD releases, but not too many great movies which always makes me curious. I'll keep checking this week and see. I have to admit that Paramount always had my favorite movies, and it upsets me that I might not have them on Blu Ray!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-27-2007, 11:43 AM
mcurrens's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
How about the idea of Sony and Disney working together to accquire Warner??? Lower the PS3 another $100 and this time...dont phase them out!!!!

Better idea, Toshiba and Microsoft and the largest Studio in the the world Paramount, working together to acquire Sony....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
nexpos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurrens View Post
Better idea, Toshiba and Microsoft and the largest Studio in the the world Paramount, working together to acquire Sony....
Well, I doubt that would ever happen.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-27-2007, 02:48 PM
taygan315's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurrens View Post
Better idea, Toshiba and Microsoft and the largest Studio in the the world Paramount, working together to acquire Sony....
LOL! HEY MC!!! Good to hear fom you. That would be a bombshell if it was to happen but hey...you are allowed to dream. Still causing trouble I see. M...your a smackdown kind of guy. Go there and cause trouble,lol. Like your avatar. I hear that the blu covered one sold a bit better though. See you at work.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
mcurrens's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
LOL! HEY MC!!! Good to hear fom you. That would be a bombshell if it was to happen but hey...you are allowed to dream. Still causing trouble I see. M...your a smackdown kind of guy. Go there and cause trouble,lol. Like your avatar. I hear that the blu covered one sold a bit better though. See you at work.
Yea, I picked up a couple soon to be exclusive HD DVD's this weekend, Shooter and Disturbia. Not many BR's left on the shelf after the remaining Paramount discs left disappear....

Pre-ordering Transformers soon.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Step Up 3' & 'Step Up 3D' are coming December 21 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 10-08-2010 11:21 AM
The PS3 development tools take another step forward. enigma Blu-ray and Video Game Consoles 8 01-25-2007 02:54 AM
One giant step for home entertainment? creamsicle Home Theater Gear 7 10-30-2006 11:51 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off