BR players with Closed Caption decoder (in Europe) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-28-2016, 08:20 PM

BR players with Closed Caption decoder (in Europe)

Hello,

I really need a Blu-ray player that can play my dvds' closed-captions, so I was glad to see that most players released since 2014 (in the US) have that option (I have many R1 dvds).

The problem is that I live in France, and it looks like none of the European players have that built-in CC decoder (I checked the manuals online, but maybe they just don't mention the option in Europe?). So do you confirm, are there no players with the CC option in Europe? Could someone please check their european model (if it's less than 2 years old)? I know Sony, LG or Panasonic include this decoder on US models.

I guess I might have to buy an imported American player...