Ghosting on 4k 3D - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-26-2016, 08:43 PM

Default Ghosting on 4k 3D

Anyone has this problem with 4K tvs yet???? I've had 4 4K passive tvs and they all had ghosting problems. I've returned all of them, it sucks because the 4K picture is outstanding and I've started to build my 4K library .

I'll try getting a newer 4K tv next year and just fix my regular 3D tv that I have, the HDMIs all went bad on my LG LM6400 that's the reason I made the jump to 4K earlier than I wanted and was disappointed
Old 03-26-2016, 11:54 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I'll try getting a newer 4K tv next year and just fix my regular 3D tv that I have, the HDMIs all went bad on my LG LM6400 that's the reason I made the jump to 4K earlier than I wanted and was disappointed
I can't help you on the ghosting issue, anyone that can though will want more info from you. Which ones have you tried?

Regarding your bad HDMI ports though, is there a known issue with that model tv or something? If not, are you scuffing your feet across carpet and static shocking the crap out of your equipment or something?!??
Old 03-27-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I can't help you on the ghosting issue, anyone that can though will want more info from you. Which ones have you tried?

Regarding your bad HDMI ports though, is there a known issue with that model tv or something? If not, are you scuffing your feet across carpet and static shocking the crap out of your equipment or something?!??
Tried two Sony Bravia 900c (light bleed was horrible also) and 2 LG UF8600, all 4 of them had ghosting problems Adjusted the settings, 3D depth and veiwpoint and the ghosting would go away on a scene were it's noticable but pop right back up on another scene

LG new about the HDMI issues on the LM series but mine was fine until 2 years ago they started going one by one

I'll try a 4K 3D tv again next year
Old 03-27-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Tried two Sony Bravia 900c (light bleed was horrible also) and 2 LG UF8600, all 4 of them had ghosting problems Adjusted the settings, 3D depth and veiwpoint and the ghosting would go away on a scene were it's noticable but pop right back up on another scene

LG new about the HDMI issues on the LM series but mine was fine until 2 years ago they started going one by one

I'll try a 4K 3D tv again next year
Have you thought that perhaps you have bad/cheap HDMI cables?

I had a set of Amazon Basics cables that were sheer crap... the signal would cut in and out, and drop. It took me some time to figure out it was the cables. The connector would heat up so badly I could barely touch them to unplug them. I'm surprised, actually, that I didnt do damage to any of my gear.

That being said... if you had issues with your previous TV and now you're having further issues with not 1, but 4 sets... maybe the problem isn't with your TVs (??)

Especially considering you pointed out it was the HDMI port on your previous TV.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:39 AM

3D ghosting is an inherent flaw in LCD technology. I don't think it will necessarily be any better or worse on a 4k set than a 1080p set.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Banned

For the best quality 3-D get a DLP projector that offers 144Hz triple flash technology. No ghosting, no flicker issues, and no eye fatigue. Optoma makes several low cost under $1,000 1080P projectors with 144Hz triple flash technology. 4K is not needed for 3-D since the Blu-ray specs only supports 3-D at 1920 x 1080.

Of course not everyone has a dedicated dark home theater room to mount a ceiling front projector.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHlombardy View Post
Have you thought that perhaps you have bad/cheap HDMI cables?
I had 4K cables and it ghosts when I'm streaming 3D off Netflix but my older tv has no ghosting issues when I streamed off Netflix. I'll try and grab another 4K tv in Oct or sometime next year.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I had 4K cables and it ghosts when I'm streaming 3D off Netflix but my older tv has no ghosting issues when I streamed off Netflix. I'll try and grab another 4K tv in Oct or sometime next year.
What 3D content is available on Netflix? I didn't think they ever did streaming 3D.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post
What 3D content is available on Netflix? I didn't think they ever did streaming 3D.
They have a small selection
Old 03-28-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
They have a small selection
I googled their 3D selection. I don't think I've heard of at least 90-95% of the movies/shows listed. It's no wonder I wasn't aware they had any.