need help with blu ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-17-2013, 02:32 AM

Default need help with blu ray

i bought blu ray player yesterday and connected it to tellie.

i used the red white yellow cables and have it working. .But the head was really strecthy . maybe the movie did that on purpose?
people say blu ray has very good picture but this was bad. maybe if it wa sjust the movie? i used red white yellow cable and connected it to tv
this is normall?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 PM

It sounds like you do not have a high definition TV, and are connecting the player to an older styled standard definition set. If that is the case, your blu-ray player will not be showing off its audio and video quaity capabilities. I expect it will provide quality something like a regular dvd player on your TV.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 AM

The red, white and yellow cables do not transmit high-definition video. The red and white are for audio. The yellow is for standard-definition video.

Assuming that you are trying to connect this to an HDTV, you need to use an HDMI cable. It can carry both high-definition video and audio together.

If you don't have an HDTV, there's really no point in having Blu-ray. It's a high-definition video format intended for high-definition televisions.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:32 AM

That is ture, I don't have a high definition TV, so do I need to buy a new TV?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunsggfd View Post
That is ture, I don't have a high definition TV, so do I need to buy a new TV?
To get the full benefit of blu ray you will. However if you continue the way you do, at least you will be ready for hi=def when you get the new tv.
Hell, even with low-def Composite cable is probably the worst way to view anything. I guess, excluding RF that is.