Which Sony USB device to fix Sony s590 Blu-ray Player? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 AM

Question Which Sony USB device to fix Sony s590 Blu-ray Player?

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the Sony BDP-S590 Blu-ray player where you are unable to stream movies from Amazon Instant Video due to a problem with an unrecognized USB device in the back of the machine?

I've tried resetting the device, I've tried starting over with the Easy Setup feature, and I've tried adding different USB devices which hasn't worked.

I went on the product reviews on Amazon and read that there have been others that have had this problem and that some of them have had to buy some kind of Sony USB device. Except the customers don't mention if it is a Sony USB Wireless Lan Adapter, a Sony USB storage device, or a Sony UWA-BR100 USB wifi adapter? It's not a big deal to have to buy a Sony USB storage device since they aren't real expensive, but if it's Lan Adapter of wifi adapter, it's more like $70-$80. I just want to be able to stream instant video through the player, so I can actually rent movies without having to go to a store, lol.

I'm really hoping there is someone out there who has had to deal with this problem themselves? Your advice would be extremely appreciated.