CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra will not play Taken 2 on Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Banned

Default CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra will not play Taken 2 on Blu-ray

CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra will not play Taken 2 on Blu-ray

One of my family members rented the full retail version of Taken 2 on Blu-ray (A total of 43GB used out of 50GB on the dual layer disc). Taken 2 Blu-ray works fine on the OPPO and Panasonic Blu-ray players that I have tried. However on 3 different computers that were running CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra with the latest firmware update Taken 2 will not play.

Taken 2 is another 20th Century Fox title that CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra cannot play. On 3 different computers the Taken 2 Blu-ray disc would stop playing after the “Chasing Mavericks” trailer is finished. One is unable to make it to the 20th Century Fox main menu in order to play the Taken 2 movie and the extra features.

*** A firmware update needs to be written for the CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra Blu-ray software so that Taken 2 will work correctly ***
Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 PM

Too funny . . my Taken 2 blu-ray (purchased USA retail version) plays perfectly using my Cyberlink PowerDVD9 program that came free with my Lite-On blu-ray burner . . . and this PowerDVD is free of any cinavia processing . . and hasn't had any updates in . . forever . .