Default Panasonic DMP-BD10 reviews

Panasonic DMP-BD10 reviews

HTF:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=243666

Canada Hi Fi:

http://www.canadahifi.com/review52.php

Old 10-23-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Why ....

Why the high-def digest staff do not use this player to do the BDR reviews?
We all know that the sammy still have a big NR chip bug ... the firmware that fixs this bug is not yet available!
In other words the BDR reviews made with the sammy are not reliables.

The new panny player seems free from this bug and it seems a very good machine ... expecially with mpg2 BDR.

So... when you'll update to the panny? What you're waitin' for?

Thak u so much,
Actarus.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actarusfleed View Post
We all know that the sammy still have a big NR chip bug ... the firmware that fixs this bug is not yet available!

A Samsung Firmware update has been released for the Samsung BD player. Although, it is not confirmed exactly what this update fixes.

This article was posted Oct. 17th. http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news...ray_Player/310
Old 10-24-2006, 04:36 PM

Default we wants panny test and reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctornd View Post
A Samsung Firmware ...cut... Although, it is not confirmed exactly what this update fixes.
That's why i'm asking you: Why don't you turn on the panny ...??
Acta.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:13 AM

even if it does fix some problems, the panasonic is a newer machine and more then likely better
Old 10-25-2006, 07:10 AM

the firmware update for the samsung does NOT fix the noise reduction chip, that will be released later
Old 11-13-2006, 05:48 AM

Default 7.1 Analog Outputs

In the menus can you set the subwoofer to the off position. I have 300 watt subwoofers in all my speakers so I don't have a seperate subwoofer & have 7 speakers since I don't have a seperate subwoofer. I thought I read somewhere you can only set it to 5.1 or 7.1

It didn't say if you could turn the subwoofer to the off position so the bass can be sent to the speakers. I also read where the bass management for the speakers is set at 100HZ & can't be changed. So therefore I don't know if you can turn the subwoofer off & redirect the low bass to the speakers when I use the analog outs.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:54 AM

I was at a Best Buy & saw the Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray player. I told him the demo disc looked really good hooked up to the Pioneer Plasma. He said he could put in a regular Blu-Ray movie after I told him I'm sure they really pumped up the picture on the demo.

He put in X-Men 3 & I hate to say it because I'm a die hard Pioneer Elite man but it didn't look good at all.

After that I thought I would call Tweeter since they had the Panasonic on sale & they had 1 left. Best Buy was completely out in their store & their warehouse. They told me it would take them over a month to get me one in.

I'm also a HD-DVD lover because of the picture quality. I bought X-Men 3 & the Panasonic & brought it home. The picture was much better & cleaner on the Panasonic. I have a Pioneer Elite PRO-730HDI 65" RPTV.

I had to go thru the coax to get the DTS Discrete sound but it was unbelievable. The picture had a little bit of grain to it but it was almost completely unnoticable on my T.V. connected directly thru HDMI.

I tried the upconverting on SD DVDs & it seemed as good as my Pioneer Elite DV-79AVI but it seemed like it had better sound.

I was trying to hold out for the Pioneer Elite unit but the movie on their new Plasma with their unit looked pretty bad. The Panasonic on my T.V. with the same movie was a whole different story.

Plus my reciever doesn't have HDMI only 7.1 analog inputs so the Panasonic works out there too. I like the fact it comes with the 3 free movies & card to send in to upgrade to Dolby Digital Plus & DTS-HD that I'll be able to use thru the analogs. That saves me from having to upgrade my receiver for awhile. I also get CD, CD-RW, DVD-Audio & Mp3 CD playback & it ended up being $500 cheaper than the Pioneer Elite with the sale price.

It did have the 1.0 firmware on it so I'll need to upgrade it to the 1.1 this weekend.

The Blu-Ray picture comes close to the HD-DVD but I still think from my 1st impression the HD-DVD picture is sharper & cleaner. I'll have to try more titles. However I think Blu-Ray has better sound on 1st impression.

I can't wait to try an uncompressed PCM soundtrack thru the analogs. Plus I don't know why people are fussing over the menus on the Panasonic. I set mine up in less than 5 minutes including speaker size & distance & the menus didn't look that bad. They were very easy to use. I like the remote better on the Panasonic than the Toshiba HD-DVD player.

The player starts & loads alot quicker than the HD-DVD player also. I'm just glad now I have both formats so I can get whatever movie I want in High-Def. I just hope Blu-Ray gets their act together & starts putting each title out in good High-Def picture quality like HD-DVD. I really like the VC-1 encoding. Every title I've gotten in HD-DVD has been great picture with great sound.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
The picture had a little bit of grain to it but it was almost completely unnoticable on my T.V. connected directly thru HDMI.
I think the slight grain is just part of the transfer, I saw part of XIII on the Panny player this weekend too and was impressed. However, the price tag is keeping me away from standalone players right now!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
I was at a Best Buy & saw the Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray player. I told him the demo disc looked really good hooked up to the Pioneer Plasma. He said he could put in a regular Blu-Ray movie after I told him I'm sure they really pumped up the picture on the demo.

He put in X-Men 3 & I hate to say it because I'm a die hard Pioneer Elite man but it didn't look good at all.

After that I thought I would call Tweeter since they had the Panasonic on sale & they had 1 left. Best Buy was completely out in their store & their warehouse. They told me it would take them over a month to get me one in.

I'm also a HD-DVD lover because of the picture quality. I bought X-Men 3 & the Panasonic & brought it home. The picture was much better & cleaner on the Panasonic. I have a Pioneer Elite PRO-730HDI 65" RPTV.

I had to go thru the coax to get the DTS Discrete sound but it was unbelievable. The picture had a little bit of grain to it but it was almost completely unnoticable on my T.V. connected directly thru HDMI.

I tried the upconverting on SD DVDs & it seemed as good as my Pioneer Elite DV-79AVI but it seemed like it had better sound.

I was trying to hold out for the Pioneer Elite unit but the movie on their new Plasma with their unit looked pretty bad. The Panasonic on my T.V. with the same movie was a whole different story.

Plus my reciever doesn't have HDMI only 7.1 analog inputs so the Panasonic works out there too. I like the fact it comes with the 3 free movies & card to send in to upgrade to Dolby Digital Plus & DTS-HD that I'll be able to use thru the analogs. That saves me from having to upgrade my receiver for awhile. I also get CD, CD-RW, DVD-Audio & Mp3 CD playback & it ended up being $500 cheaper than the Pioneer Elite with the sale price.

It did have the 1.0 firmware on it so I'll need to upgrade it to the 1.1 this weekend.

The Blu-Ray picture comes close to the HD-DVD but I still think from my 1st impression the HD-DVD picture is sharper & cleaner. I'll have to try more titles. However I think Blu-Ray has better sound on 1st impression.

I can't wait to try an uncompressed PCM soundtrack thru the analogs. Plus I don't know why people are fussing over the menus on the Panasonic. I set mine up in less than 5 minutes including speaker size & distance & the menus didn't look that bad. They were very easy to use. I like the remote better on the Panasonic than the Toshiba HD-DVD player.

The player starts & loads alot quicker than the HD-DVD player also. I'm just glad now I have both formats so I can get whatever movie I want in High-Def. I just hope Blu-Ray gets their act together & starts putting each title out in good High-Def picture quality like HD-DVD. I really like the VC-1 encoding. Every title I've gotten in HD-DVD has been great picture with great sound.
That really surprises me that X-3 looked bad on the pioneer, i tried Eight Below on our Pioneer elite which was also on the 1080p plasma and it looked stunning. however those pioneer units are demos only and they have had some problems with them. one being that after they play for a while, they do some major flickering. Also they dont even play the sammy demo disc. i think the reason for the delay in the first place was because they found these problems and hopefully when its released this month *crosses fingers* it will be at a much better quality. However we do have the Panny in our store too and that is what normally plays Eight Below and it looks very good.

The only complaint i have for it though is the tv its on. Its playing on the 58" panny plasma, which i must say i am not a big fan of their plasmas because they always have a lot of grainyness to it. and yes iv tried over and over with the ajustments to help that but i had no such luck. However i did hook the Panny blu-ray up to the pioneer 1080p plasma and it looked really good on that.