LG BD670 Audio issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-19-2011, 01:21 AM

Default LG BD670 Audio issue

I'm new to these forums so sorry if this isnt the category for this thread.
I am burning a music video I made onto blu ray and am having audio issues when playing it on my lg blu ray player.

When the sound kicks in at the beginning, there is a second of lag. The audio is in sync with the video, but it doesn't start until a few seconds after the video starts.

To see the video I am using, go to youtube and search for Love Hitch by Young circles. It's the 8 min abstract video (should be in the top 5 results that come up).

Right where the music starts is where the problem starts. The odd thing is that if I rewind the blu ray and play it over, it plays back fine. I have to turn the blu ray player off and back on to reproduce the problem.

Additionally, this only occurs when viewing the video in hi def. It happens when I connect the player to my tv using HDMI cables or when I view the video on youtube through the player in hi def. When view the BR using the standard composite cables, there is no problem at all.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and Adobe Media Encoder CS5 to render the video and Adobe Encore CS5 to author the disc image. Here are the settings I am using:

1920x1080i
29.97fps
Upper Frames First
video bitrate: CBR 35mbps
audio format: PCM, 48kHz, 16bit

No matter what bitrate I set the video to, I still get the audio problem. I've rendered the video at 10mbps and it still occurs.

I've also made sure that my firmware is updated on the player.

I'm at a loss here so any help would be appreciated. The only thing I can think of is getting a new HDMI cable. If that is the problem, then is there a specific HDMI cable I should buy?

Thank you!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

It could simply be a delay between your components in locking in the audio.
Very normal with a lot of receivers and BD players, etc.

My systems do the same with Blu-ray movies, and I'm not worry about it as the audio is fine right after that small hiccup at the beginning. I wouldn't sweat it if I was you.

Welcome to HDD!
Old 12-20-2011, 01:13 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Someone mentioned that it might be the blu ray player auto detecting the bitrate or something? I haven't been able to get to my blu ray player yet, but I am going to try to turn auto-detect off.

It's just really annoying! It kind de-emphasizes the beginning of opening of the video. I can't imagine that there isn't a work around for this.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Yeah, I'm not sure to which extent your audio issue is from your LG Blu-ray player in combination with your AV receiver and TV display; but you seem quite sensitive to it.

Also I don't have first hand experience with any LG Blu-ray players and their Audio settings; so I can't be much of help here.

* What I would recommend though is that you visit AVS Forum and go directly to your LG Blu-ray player specific model number from its official thread. There you might learn a few things regarding your LG BD670 BD player, and more...

Good luck!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 PM

just bought a new LG BD670 to go with my new LG Infinia 65LW6500 (eta 12/29); not having any issues
Old 12-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

An LG BD player with an LG HDTV should be a very good match,
but what 'bout when you introduce a PC into the equation, like in the case of the OP here?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:23 PM

have an HDMI connected computer, complete with Blu ray player, in the set-up