Sources Say Verizon Will Make a Serious Bid on Netflix - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Sources Say Verizon Will Make a Serious Bid on Netflix

If the deal went down, it would certainly put to rest any speculation on competition in the streaming space.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...bibb-says.html
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM

Default Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now that i'm done with my Stephen Colbert impression, I really hope that Netflix doesn't bite. They are in a far superior position to any of the other online streaming solutions.

If Verizon gets their claws in them you know what this is going to mean, it's the same if someone like Comcast get's a hold of them. They will either try to slow down the business or steer customers to Verizon either of which doesn't sound too good to me.

Cell phone companies are basically bandwidth providers at this point, but the problem is they have unwavering control over their networks. That means netflix will most likely work smooth as silk on Verizon (thus eating that CAP they enforce) and will probably have issues on other providers networks or at the very least they will stop innovating.

When's the last time you saw a Cell company like Verizon do something that the computer industry hadn't been doing for 5 years already. If these guys had their way you wouldn't have internet access on your phones you'd be using an AOL like service from Verizon.

Run, Netflix, run as fast as you can. You'll lose customers if you end up doing this just out of principle for alot of people. I really don't want a company like Verizon to own Netflix.