Bright Blue...possible banding? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 AM

Default Bright Blue...possible banding?

I did a search of the forums, and didn't see anything that matched this, so I figured I would ask you lot. I have noticed recently that very bright blue's are, for a lack of a better word, bleeding horizontally outward a small distance. It's not a bad pixel because it happens anywhere the blue is displayed. The most recent examples I have noticed are the HYDRA weapons in Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and Transformers: Dark Of The Moon. I've tried various internet searches for an explanation, however it's difficult to search for something so difficult to describe.

For all I know, this could just be a stylistic choice, a la Star Trek's lens flares. Any thoughts would be appreciated. It's an otherwise unobtrusive issue, and aside from this the television performs admirably with no complaints.

And in case it matters, my gear is a 40gb PS3 via hdmi to Sony Bravia LCD KDL-52w5100.

Thanks again, and Cheers!