3d blu ray recoder? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM

Default 3d blu ray recorder?

Hi,

I have a dvd recorder (sony) that I will be upgrading to a 3d blu ray player.. But, I wanted to find out if there is a 3d blu ray recorder version available?

I don't want to record 3d movies just have the blu ray recorder play 3d movies and use the recorder part to record tv shows, etc from the tv.

any ideas?

If none available then I guess I have to use both (dvd recorder) and (new 3d blu ray player).

Last edited by tripplej; 10-28-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:06 PM

after some searching on the net, I found that they are not available in the states.

Only in Japan are they available by Panasonic..

"Panasonic launches in Japan three new 3D Blu-ray recorders, the DMR-BWT3000 with 2TB internal hard drive, 1TB DMR-BWT2000 and 750GB DMR-BWT1000. All of them are equipped with dual digital tuner and 3D-capable Blu-ray player. These DIGA 3D Blu-ray recorders, other than record to internal hard drive, can burn recorded video to BD-R/RE, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/DL discs. They all have i.Link connector, Ethernet port, a SDXC card slot and VIERA Link support."
Old 10-28-2011, 02:18 PM

Similar models are available in the U.K.

DMR-BWT800 and DMR-BWT700 by Panasonic

nothing for the U.S. thou...
Old 10-29-2011, 02:52 PM

For those who maybe interested, I went to Panasonic website and within their "contact us" section, I filled out the comment section in regards to the availability of the 3d blu ray recorder in Japan and UK (along with their respective model numbers) and asked if and when similar models will be available in the U.S.

I am sure if you are also interested in a one unit 3d blu ray recorder, you may want to do this as well.

Granted they may not release one here in the U.S. but at least if they know consumers are interested they may release it ..

For now since there is no one unit with those details available in the U.S., I will have to keep two dvd players attached to my tv.. My old sony dvd recorder and another new 3d blu ray player..
Old 10-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Just to follow up on this thread.

I got an email from Panasonic to contact their support line (1-800-405-0652) and once I got a Panasonic representative on the phone, I told him of my interest in a 3d blu ray recorder and I gave him the model numbers for the units in Japan and the U.K.models and he said right now Panasonic is not selling in the U.S. but if they get consumer desire for the units, they will release them. He recommended me and for all those interested to send mail to ---> [email protected]

The representative from Panasonic said if enough interest is there, Panasonic will release a lower line version of the 3d blu ray recorder as a test to see if it will sell..

So, I say, it is worth a shot. A few min to type an email to the above mentioned email address ...

Just give them the U.K and Japan models and state you are interested in a U.S. equivalent version..

you never know...

I sent my email..

Last edited by tripplej; 10-30-2011 at 11:03 AM.