Sony S360 Acting Up - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-22-2011, 03:00 PM

Default Sony S360 Acting Up

So when I first noticed something was wrong with my player is when I put in a movie (can't remember which one, I think it was Transformers 2) and it started to make a wierd sound. I immediately tried a few other movies and found that it played just fine.

That was maybe a couple of months ago and everything has been fine since. Granted, I haven't been using my player as much as before, but still using it very often.

A couple of nights ago I was all ready to watch Devils Rejects since the night before I watched House of 1,000 Corpses. Also, Shoctober needed to take effect.

Long story short, only Devils Rejects won't play. It says "wrong disc". The disc itself is spotless and I even updated the latest frimware last night only to have the same issue.

Anyone out there that can help shed some light on this? I was hoping that since I bought Sony I wouldn't be having issues a year later.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Mine is having problems as well. Mine just says "invalid format" when playing a BD. Some will play, some will not.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus81 View Post
So when I first noticed something was wrong with my player is when I put in a movie (can't remember which one, I think it was Transformers 2) and it started to make a wierd sound. I immediately tried a few other movies and found that it played just fine.

That was maybe a couple of months ago and everything has been fine since. Granted, I haven't been using my player as much as before, but still using it very often.

A couple of nights ago I was all ready to watch Devils Rejects since the night before I watched House of 1,000 Corpses. Also, Shoctober needed to take effect.

Long story short, only Devils Rejects won't play. It says "wrong disc". The disc itself is spotless and I even updated the latest frimware last night only to have the same issue.

Anyone out there that can help shed some light on this? I was hoping that since I bought Sony I wouldn't be having issues a year later.
Could try ejecting the disc tray and spraying canned air in there. Have a friend a work who had the same type of problem you did a few weeks ago (not a sony player though) and he tried the canned air trick and now he says everything is good.

Could also be your laser that reads the disc is going bad on you.

Hope you get it worked out ruckus.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:35 PM

May want to try calling Sony themselves to see if you are under warranty since it has been about a year (maybe a little less if your lucky). You could take it to Geek Squad (Best Buy) and see what they say about it.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Wow I can't remember if it's one or two years old, how crazy is that?
These last few years have peeled like a banana!!

Anyways I determined that just that one movie won't play. It won't work in my PS3, either.
The disc itself is flawless, but I have noticed my Sony making a wierd grinding noise in-between loads.

I guess I should look into the warranty since it may be less than a year old. I think I bought it from BNN.com, not sure..