Panasonic BD75 + Stand By Me = :( - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 PM

Default Panasonic BD75 + Stand By Me = :(

I'm hoping someone can help me... I just picked up the 25th anniversary Blu Ray of "Stand By Me." Per the review on this site, I was excited to watch the PIP commentary. However, when I select the commentary from the menu (and watch the introduction scene), the movie starts with the PIP but without the commentary audio. Instead, the movie audio track plays.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time!

Tom
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Banned

For the picture and picture commentary the secondary audio feature needs to be turned on. Make sure the Panasonic Blu-ray player audio selection in the player menu is set for secondary audio option and bitstream is turned off and the player is set to PCM. When the Blu-ray player is set for PCM it will internally decode the lossless audio and offer the same sound quality as bit stream and give you the audio track you want.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 PM

That did it! Thank you so much for your help!

The player has some confusing wording on the audio setup screen that indicates that you should turn off the secondary audio track to enjoy the original audio. It's clear now that the wording was referring only to the bitstream option, and not PCM.

Thanks again! I've got a commentary to watch now!

Tom