I can't believe it "Audio dropouts since last BOSE V25 firmware July 29th, 2011." - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-03-2011, 09:24 PM

Angry I can't believe it "Audio dropouts since last BOSE V25 firmware July 29th, 2011."

Hi guys some bad news if you have the new OPPO BDP-93 connected to BOSE V25 with two HDMI one for video and one for audio, here my comments that I did this evening to OPPO and BOSE.

Bose Customer support: Since last firmware released July 29th, 2011 I am having problems between my OPPO BDP-93 and my BOSE V25, I have connected my OPPO BDP-93 with two HDMI one for audio to my BOSE and the other for 3D and 2D video to my 3D TV Samsung.

My specific problem or issue is audio dropouts, the OPPO Customer support asked me if the BOSE has a HDMI cable going to television that I said YES then they asked me to remove this cable that I did it.

My surprise is the audio dropouts not problem now since I remove that cable, but I lost Bose screen in my TV now I can't play XBOX or Play my Old DVD and MORE.

They explain me something like this: "It is possible that the BOSE V25 is not handshaking HDCP when the active input on your television is not set to the input the BOSE V25 is connected to." AND ALSO THIS "Your other devices may not handshake HDCP or EDID the same way that the player does. This is why we recommend removing the HDMI cable from the back of the BOSE V25 and trying again."

I need an answer or solution as soon as possible I can't imagine this kind of issues between devices and leaders brands like you and OPPO.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Best of luck with that. I have several Samsung components around (Bluray player, Tv, Color Laser Printer) and can spot problems, I specifically tell Samsung how to recreate these problems and their support department always sends back a scripted, useless response.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:54 PM

HDCP is an abomination upon the Earth.