LG BD670 - Behaving odd - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 AM

Default LG BD670 - Behaving odd

My BD670, for some unknown reason in the last two days has become incredibly sluggish and to be honest useless.

It worked beautifully since I bought it, but now it takes 10 minutes+ to load a Blu ray which would normally take less than 1. I eventually got a movie to play and it would keep popping up the time line and chapter image during play back and would skip and lose sound. I tried a couple of other discs, both DVD and Blu, and they behaved in similar manner.

Netflix takes forever to load and when I eventually get a show to work every 30 seconds it goes into rebuffering for about 5 minutes then plays another 30 seconds and repeats.

As far as I know there hasn't been an update since the change in behaviour, and I keep the player up to date.

I've tried unplugging it, reseting to factory defaults and even the unplug and hold the power button for 5 seconds, which apparently is a 'hard reset' nothing has improved it. Though the player for the first minute or so appears to behave normally then reverts to super sluggish mode again.

Any one any suggestion other than beat the hell out of it and dispose of in an Office space manner?

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Banned

You could check for a firmware update to see if it fixes any bugs. It sounds like you tried unplugging it and plug it back in. You could try deleting the persistent storage in case there is a problem with the flash storage storing JAVA code.

If DVDís are loading slow also then there would be a problem with the player. As a last resort you could have it serviced or replace it with a no model.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Sounds like multiple issues and I'm guessing you're beyond the 90 day warranty period, I had bought a BD570 to replace an old, but still working Samsung BDP1500. The timeline popping up/disc skipping and losing audio is the "Toy Story" glitch. They have yet to fix it, the only workaround is to avoid newer Disney titles or play them in 60hz mode instead of 24fps. The timeline/skip issue is repeatable at exact time markers, it's not random. Regarding the disc mechanism having a hard time reading discs, I have two (TWO(2)) BD570 doorstops, both with the same problem. I solved my problem by getting a Samsung C6500.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Excellent, thanks all.

I'll see what i do about getting it serviced. I was coming to opinion of replacing it.