Mitsubishi Japan's New Blu-ray Player Features BDXL Support and a Double Sided Remote - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Mitsubishi Japan's New Blu-ray Player Features BDXL Support and a Double Sided Remote

They hit Japan late next month, but we don't expect to see them reach the US.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/25/m...and-a-two-face
Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 PM

Oh man, if only Mitsubishi would complete the circle and make movies as well as run a channel. I suppose the next best thing would be Sony running a channel.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 AM

We have about as much chance of seeing this in the US as we do of seeing a Romulan Warbird touch down in Texas.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
We have about as much chance of seeing this in the US as we do of seeing a Romulan Warbird touch down in Texas.
Thanks for the joke, in reality you are correct it might be several years before recordable Blu-ray standalone units become available in the US market. One has to just use a desktop PC with a Blu-ray recorder if they want to record family videos and local programs in HD.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The player comes with a double-sided remote that offers controls for your TV on one side and your Blu-ray Player / DVR on the other. Flipping it from one side to the other triggers a built-in sensor that can identify which end is up.
Now that is an interesting feature. Keeps from putting too many buttons on a single side of the remote. I can see this taking off!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
Thanks for the joke, in reality you are correct it might be several years before recordable Blu-ray standalone units become available in the US market. One has to just use a desktop PC with a Blu-ray recorder if they want to record family videos and local programs in HD.
Sadly, several years and several thousands of dollars...if it ever gains traction here. Not everyone wants a PC in their living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
Now that is an interesting feature. Keeps from putting too many buttons on a single side of the remote. I can see this taking off!
Yikes, that is one fugly remote. Was it designed by a child? Pass, I'll stick w/my Logitech.

The Vizio remote w/slide-in keyboard is a much better design, IMO.