BDP-S470 - Audio but no video signal - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM

Default BDP-S470 - Audio but no video signal

All,

I recently bought a BDP-S470 via the Disney promotion being run a few months back. My girlfriend called me today and told me our Bravia is stating "no signal" from the player, but the receiver is pumping out audio from the disc she put in (connected via optical.) All the other components - and HD-XA2, Xbox 360, and Wii, are displaying video properly.

I had her turn the system off, then on again; had her try a new HDMI cable; had her try plugging it in to a different HDMI input; finally, I had her hold the stop button on the player for 10 seconds, which is supposed to reset the video display resolution (not likely the problem as if there were an incompatibility, the TV would have stated so.)

Does anyone have experience with this issue, and if so, is there a fix, or do I just need to ship the player off to Sony? Because THAT would be lame.

Thanks, ladies and gentlemen.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:03 PM

Maybe try resetting the player?
"Hold down (power button) on the player for more than
10 seconds until the indicators on the front
panel display turn off.
If the player still does not respond to any
button, disconnect then reconnect the AC
power cord."
Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 PM

I went into amazon.com and started reading reviews of this player and it doesn't have a good record really for quality it seems. There were 2 people who said the hdmi died on them soon after they bought it and numerous other problems were cited.
A couple people even called it a lemon.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:18 PM

Well, I went against all that we know to be true and good and followed the three steps listed in the owner's manual for fixing this issue. Step 3) Unplug the TV and plug it back in seemed to fix the problem, though it could've also come back on the fifth time I unplugged and re-plugged the player. Works now. To be safe, I turned off the quick startup feature...I have heard this can cause issues. In any case, "crisis" averted.