All new 2011 Panasonic Blu-ray players are missing component video and 7.1 analog - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Banned

Default All new 2011 Panasonic Blu-ray players are missing component video and 7.1 analog

These new Panasonic 2011 Blu-ray players are now very cheap in suggested list price since they are removing some analog video and some analog audio outputs.

I realize that any new Blu-ray player announced after Jan 1st 2011 is not allowed to offer HD signals over analog video outputs. The new 2011 Panasonic Blu-ray players do not have any component video outputs at all. It would have been ideal to at least offer 480i over component. So no 480i component video outputs at all and no 480i S-Video output. The only analog video output on all the new Panasonic 2011 Blu-ray players is the composite 480i output.

Also there is no 7.1 analog multichannel audio outputs on any of the new Panasonic Blu-ray players.

Consumers that want HD video quality are going to need to own a modern HD display with HDMI or DVI inputs and those that want to listen to the advanced audio formats are going to need to own a modern A/V surround receiver with HDMI that decodes the advanced audio formats.

A few selected quotes:

“Also missing this year are component video outputs. “

“One thing we were surprised to see missing this year is multi-channel analog outputs, even on the top of the line model DMP-BDT310. Apparently in making the player smaller, faster, lighter (and cheaper), the beefy high-end analog output stages of previous year's models had to go.”

"Note: this is a pre-production sample, as shown at CES and may be subject to change."

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Hands-On-with-Panasonic-s-2011-Blu-ray-Players.shtml
Old 01-31-2011, 12:26 AM

I have no plans on buying a hdmi pre amp anytime soon. Once this panny player craps out on me I guess I go with a diffrerent brand.