Question regarding PCM vs Dobly True??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Question regarding PCM vs Dobly True???

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum. I just got a Samsung 1200, and I LOVE it. My question is this. I have it hooked up the Yamaha Ysp 1000...via coaxil. The first disc I tried was Pirates, and the Unpcompressed PCM, was awesome. granted the reciever gets it in Pro Logic 2 and then spreads it to the 5.1, but it blows away the standard Dolby 5.1

but..

today I got Ghost Rider. I tried the Dolby True...and even though the Samsung 1200 souds does not 'do' Dolby True, it came across as 5.1 and sounded REALLY excellent. If it does not really do the Dolby True...what was I hearing. A core of the Doby Plus? My reciever...the YSP...read this as 5.1 and it did not come in and then spread to Prol Logic. This still sounded far better than a regular 5.1 track to me. Are my ears playing tricks on me, and it is just the standard 5.1 track?

Any ideas???

Many thanks