HELP!! Need answers to firmware update problem for my Samsung bd-p1200 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 AM

Default HELP!! Need answers to firmware update problem for my Samsung bd-p1200

I could use some insightful advice. I tried to update the latest firmware update for my Samsung bd-p1200 and the tray failed to open when it was suppose to. This not only screwed up the update, but now my player is screwed. I can power it on and off, but after I turn it on, it stays stuck on the loading screen. I was only updating my player so that it could play POTC 1&2. All my other movies were working fine. All this trouble for 2 movies!!!! I am going to try to exchange it for a new one of the same. But now I am a bit worried to try the update again. I bought the player over Memorial Day weekend so I dont think bb will give me a hard time if I want to exchange it for the same thing. Anyone give me some advice about this firmware update so it does not happen to me again or any advice on what to do???? I would greatly appericate it.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:37 AM

If a download happens to fail, you need to send it to the manufacturer or contact them to see if there is a way to reset. Usually it must be reset by manufacturer.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I could use some insightful advice. I tried to update the latest firmware update for my Samsung bd-p1200 and the tray failed to open when it was suppose to. This not only screwed up the update, but now my player is screwed. I can power it on and off, but after I turn it on, it stays stuck on the loading screen. I was only updating my player so that it could play POTC 1&2. All my other movies were working fine. All this trouble for 2 movies!!!! I am going to try to exchange it for a new one of the same. But now I am a bit worried to try the update again. I bought the player over Memorial Day weekend so I dont think bb will give me a hard time if I want to exchange it for the same thing. Anyone give me some advice about this firmware update so it does not happen to me again or any advice on what to do???? I would greatly appericate it.
How did you update ? Disc or internet?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd1 View Post
How did you update ? Disc or internet?
I updated by disc. The tray failed to open and the disc stayed in there causing the update to fail and damaging my player. Good news is I was able to exchange my player for a new one of the same. I am a bit hesitant to try the update again. Maybe I will call Samsung and have them on the phone while I try to update the player. Thanks for responding.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resevilfan86 View Post
If a download happens to fail, you need to send it to the manufacturer or contact them to see if there is a way to reset. Usually it must be reset by manufacturer.
Thanks for the info. Preciate it. I thought about sending it to the manufacture but since I bought the player about 33 days ago and that I know alot of the guys at my local bb, I felt confident that I could exchange it for a new one. Mission accompished.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I updated by disc. The tray failed to open and the disc stayed in there causing the update to fail and damaging my player. Good news is I was able to exchange my player for a new one of the same. I am a bit hesitant to try the update again. Maybe I will call Samsung and have them on the phone while I try to update the player. Thanks for responding.
I updated mine via internet without a hitch. Do you have a broadband connection available ?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd1 View Post
I updated mine via internet without a hitch. Do you have a broadband connection available ?
Not at present, no. Have my computer upstairs with broadband via rr. My player is downstairs and I NEED to buy a router but I keep putting it off (my wife helps in this. Moreso than I want her to. Oh well, price you pay being a family man.)
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Not at present, no. Have my computer upstairs with broadband via rr. My player is downstairs.(
I know it will be a pain in the butt, but disconnect your player and take it up stairs. Thanks what I have done for BOTH my BD-P1200 and my HD-A2. I have all my speaker cables labeled ( 5.1 analog and digital coax ) so hooking back up is fast and easy.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari Fan View Post
I know it will be a pain in the butt, but disconnect your player and take it up stairs. Thanks what I have done for BOTH my BD-P1200 and my HD-A2. I have all my speaker cables labeled ( 5.1 analog and digital coax ) so hooking back up is fast and easy.
Might give that a try. Thanks. Are using the disc method for firmware updating not as reliable.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:21 PM

Just got off the phone with Samsung. You guys that answered my thread were a lot more helpful than they were!! I was transferred three times to support level 2 and he did not tell me anything different than the first two!!! I just told him ''k, thanks'' and hung up. I think I will give the firmware one more try and if it fails again, I will take it back to bb and get another one or I will try and exchange it for the bd-p1400 model. If I still need the firmware, I will try and burn the firmware to a disc. My computer is in a 300 pound armorie so hooking up my player to the computer would be too much hassle!!! Thanks to all for your helpful inputs. Greatly appericated.