which is the best blu-ray ripper software? - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 AM

I've had the pleasure of using EaseFab's Blu-ray Ripper these past few months and I've success using it to convert my Blu-ray and DVD files to formats playble by my iPad Air and Galaxy Note 4. I've found the quality to be excellent, and see no difference when compared to playing the discs themselves.

Plus, it can be used as a Blu-ray copying tool. If you're looking for ease of us and don't mind spending $37 (much cheaper than other professional Blu-ray rippers), you can take a look at the program.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
DVDFab and MakeMKV are $60 and $50 respectively. Current coupon now for the former is 20%, still makes it $48

That's a bit expensive. Anyone have better coupons/promotion codes to use with these products?
I know I'm responding to a very old post here, but MakeMKV is free as long as it's in beta. It's been in beta for a while now...
Old 07-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Am having a space issue. It's called my video "wall" is full from buying too many movies. Believe me people, it is a WALL. What I would like to do is put away (in the shed in boxes) some of the titles I do not plan on watching often but before doing so rip them to an mkv on an external hard drive. The hard drive is readable on either of my Blu Ray players. Original disc in a box in the shed, movie rip on a hard drive. I would of course keep the collectable movies, etc still on the video wall. I would not recode them for space conservation either, I want the pure content left intact.
That being said, I see a lot of talk about Dvd Fab's legal issues on other searches and how they've removed the ability to remove AAHCS. But that story is a year old.
Anyone know the difference Dvd Fab Blu ray ripper and Dvd Fab Blu ray ripper [US Edition] ??
To access the non-US Edition page you basically have to approach it from a non-US IP address. Why would they offer two versions if there wasn't a legal issue involved?
Old 08-02-2015, 01:17 AM

I like Pavtube Blu-ray tools- BDMagic, since it has promotion from time to time.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I sampled pavtube - not my thing. Too few options.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:46 PM

I use MakeMKV. Easy to use, frequent updates, and free while in "beta" (where it's been for at least a few years).