Has anyone here dealt with xphoenix23? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Default Has anyone here dealt with xphoenix23?

I sent him payment for his Bond box on November 18. We're now Dec 20 and it still has yet to arrive. I've sent several PM's and emails to him in the past ten days asking when exactly he shipped and none have been responded to.

Am on the verge of contacting Pay Pal but will give it a few more days first, given that this is the holiday period which could possibly cause slower mail services and he's shipping from the US to Montreal (though at any given time of the year, it usually takes just 7-10 days for anything sent from the US to get to me here). For now, I'd like to know if anyone else here has had an unusual experience with this seller?

Last edited by MitchDavis; 12-20-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:27 PM

I have not dealt with him. Nothing takes four months to get anywhere in the world. Perhaps it was lost in the mail. Do you have proof that it was mailed ? Something like a tracking number perhaps. If you have contacted him and you did not get any replies, notify the mods here at HDD. In fact notify the mods anyway as it's been so long. If you paid with PayPal, file a claim to get your money back.

Note : He currently has an open trade thread here. On his profile it says Last Activity:11-28-2012 05:28 AM.

Good luck.

UPDATE : Since the original poster mistakenly put 4 months instead of one, I've changed my mind slightly.Four weeks from Canada to the USA may not be too bad, especially if the seller waited a day or two for funds to show in his account, then package product, then go to post office. But, if it has not been done already, CONTACT THE SELLER IMMEDIATLY. And as I mentioned earlier, the seller has not been online here at HDD since 11-28-12.

Last edited by Ferrari Fan; 12-20-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:48 PM

OMG, woah, I'm an idiot - I'd meant to type November 18! Jesus! Going to edit that right now! It's only been a little over a month, that's why I'm hesitant to contact Pay Pal just yet.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 PM

Go ahead and file your claim. Hopefully you didn't do like me and assumed he was a "good guy" and sent via paypal gift. I have no recourse.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:45 PM

Oh shoot, I did pay with Pay Pal Gift. It was one of his terms of sale. Paying that route leaves absolutely no recourse?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:53 PM

I never will do PayPal gift, unless it's someone I've dealt with several times. If they insist on PayPal gift, so that they get all the money, instead of loosing some to fees, add a buck or two to cover that. Then if the deal falls apart, then you won't have any problems getting your money back through PayPal
Old 12-20-2012, 10:58 PM

Definitely what I will do from now on!

So what are my options for recourse then? This was a $100 deal that it looks like I got shafted on. I'll go so far as to file a police report if need be, but I've only got his user name and email address.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM

Honestly, not much we can do. Was sent as a gift--so technically not a "payment".
Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 PM

You wouldn't happen to have his phone number and address, would you? I'm ready to file a criminal complaint against him if it turns out he ripped us off. If the two of us got shafted, we can presume others on the board have been as well. A collective police report would be a good idea.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Former Member

I contacted the seller when he posted Avengers 2D only for 10 bucks a few days pre-release. We were setting up the transaction, then he asked for Amazon Gift Cards. I said no, he sold it somewhere else and didn't say anything more. I blocked his profile when that happened, since I don't sell to people who pull that crap. Now, it seems, I lucked out.

Dude is (or was who knows) a member at that other site.

As for legal issues, guys, we've been through this before. Really ain't crap can be done as police dick with local stuff and don't care about online fraud, and there is no online authority set up to handle that. That is why you should NEVER, EVER paypal gift someone you don't know. If they only take it, then F 'em. I don't even ask people to do that, I just say PP, and then let the buyer decide what method. Dude was a new reg, and people gave benefit of the doubt too damn fast and got burned.

Has anyone even informed a moderator about any open issues with this guy? Step #1 in any dispute is contact the mod crew of jawookie and nyc20012001 whenever a trade seemingly isn't going right, so they can be aware and watch a member for other peculiar behavior.