Serenity BD-Live - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-05-2009, 07:10 AM

Default Serenity BD-Live

I finally got the Samsung wifi adapter for my 1600 and I installed the latest firmware (2.04). There was a strange javascript error when I tried to access content on Serenity, it seemed to try to connect to the wrong URL. Any success with Serenity BD-Live, or any tricks with other Universal titles?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 AM

Well one correction - Not a javascript error but a java error HDi used Javascript BD uses Java. In terms of implamentable features neither is inherantly better than the other. Moving on,

I've had no issues with my universal BD live, though I don't own that title on bluray as I have it on HD DVD. Could you copy some of the error message here? As well as copy it to Universal + Samsung? Maybe we might be able to give you some idea's, but if we can't maybe Uni or Samsung might be able to help. It might be worth temporatly adding your BD-Player as the DMZ IP in your broadband router, in case there's a firewall issue. If that doesn't help then remove it from DMZ.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:50 AM

For the record, my Serenity BD-Live is OK, as is my Samsung BDP1600 player.

I think the problem was that I didn't have a properly formatted 1GB USB stick plugged in at the time (actually I had a 250GB USB hard drive plugged it, but it may have had some confusing data on it).

Anyway, the error I got at the time did say "Javascript." When BD-live connects to web sites, it may well have to run Javascript as well as Java.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:29 PM

Hrm, maybe Uni is layering a JS interpeter ontop of BD-J and basically hacking in HDi. That's well.... Bizzar, but if it works whatever. Glad you got it working.