Digital Copy Codes? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Default Digital Copy Codes?

Is there another way to retrieve these? Recently I purchased Paul Blart and Valkyrie a few weeks ago, and just received a laptop a few days ago and decided to put all my Digital Copy's onto it. Upon opening these 2 Blu-Rays I found no codes in them, and unfortunately I do not have the receipts. Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdriggers View Post
Is there another way to retrieve these? Recently I purchased Paul Blart and Valkyrie a few weeks ago, and just received a laptop a few days ago and decided to put all my Digital Copy's onto it. Upon opening these 2 Blu-Rays I found no codes in them, and unfortunately I do not have the receipts. Anyone have any other ideas?
Lets get this straight.

This is your first post.

TWO(im assuming brand new) copies of BD movies that have codes for a copy HAPPEN to be missing, and of course you dont have the receipts

Dude you should play the lottery, it has better odds.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:11 AM

Google on the manufacturer's of the discs and contact them directly. They know that mistakes get made and sometimes the code sheets aren't in the packages when they should be. If you are polite when you contact them you'll probably get a new code from them and be good to go. (Just be a little patient as it may take them a day or two to respond to your request if you e-mail them or contact them via the web. If you can find a phone number you'll probably get a resolution while on the phone.)
Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 AM

Yeah it's my first post. Was searching around trying to find the answers online, but had no luck. I wasn't asking for codes, just knew if there was someway I could send in the Proof of Purchase or something. I called the # that I read about and they said I needed a receipt, however I hadn't noticed the codes were missing because until now I'd had no use for the Digi-Copy's.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Former Member

your choices are limited if the manufacturers are refusing to cooperate.

no store would take them back, opened. one would have to LIE, to try to get new copies, and that is something that is pretty damned reprehensible in this current market, especially in such a niche as Blu-ray sales.

your other option would be to post a WTB: DC Codes in the home theatre area, see if people will sell the code itself, but not the disc, if that's all you are needing. doing such lowers resell values, so some members may not be apt to help, but you may find some.

beyond that, or knowing if a friend has the disc but never uses codes, you may be S.O.L.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:29 AM

Thank you for the responses. I'll definitely try to contact the manufacturer, see if that works, if not I guess I'll just be SOL. /shrug. Thanks again and hopefully will see you all alot more on here.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:11 AM

Yeah. I'm posting pretty late. But I had a similiar issue, but not quite the same. When i was uploading my digital copy, it asked for my code, and I entered it. After entering it, i opened the file, and it said I needed to unlock it with a code. Wtf? So then I re-entered the code, and it said it was already in use. So I was basically out of a code, and I couldn't unlock it. I then went and emailed the manufacturer, which was Sony (this was with Hancock), and told them my problem. They emailed me a new code in like 2 days, and it worked fine. So yeah, if you just email them your problem and tell them what's up, I'm sure they'd help you.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 PM

If it's a WB disc, customer service is non-existent. When they eventually acknowledge their mistake, they'll just go on ignoring you.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Searson View Post
If it's a WB disc, customer service is non-existent. When they eventually acknowledge their mistake, they'll just go on ignoring you.

Gotta disagree with you on this.
When Speed Racer came out the DC would not work with itunes for some reason and the code only worked on the windows version. I sent them an email and they replied with a new code. Also when Batman 89 was released all the codes were wrong (well, mine at least) when they sent out new codes I got one sent to me.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:30 PM

All the digital copy info you need is here (including all studio DC customer service links):

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mov...-releases.html