How to Resume Play on a BJ Disc? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-31-2009, 06:12 PM

Default How to Resume Play on a BJ Disc?

On a movie I couldn't care less. TV series, it is a freaking nuisance. Supernatural - no worries. I just stop at the end of an episode and the resume play feature lets me start from there the next day.

I have Heroes. No such luck. I tried using the bookmark feature, but that:
- seems to imply you need to put an end parker as well and create a clip
- puts the frigging ucontrol icon on the screen to even try accessing it

I can't figure it out an it is as annoying as hell. Isn't this crap supposed to enhance the experience? Enhanced annoyance is all.

So my question is is there some decent way of doing resume play With a blu ray Java disk? I have a PS3 by the way
Old 03-31-2009, 11:15 PM

I'm not so sure there is a way yet... The best implementation of resume thus far excludes being able to resume from BD-J titles... I think it's basically the nature of the tech.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

You can always bookmark though, which allows you to go back to the specific part where you left off. That feature of course isn't available until you are in the main menu though.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
You can always bookmark though, which allows you to go back to the specific part where you left off. That feature of course isn't available until you are in the main menu though.
I've tried that. But it seems to want me to create a freaking clip.

This is just unreal. I mean isn't is supposed to give some freaking "improved" features? It makes it worse. I hate it. Just give me the freaking features in fantastic quality and they can stuff all these other trinkets up their bungholes
Old 04-03-2009, 09:18 AM

Features are improved, in fact I'm not even thinking that BD-J menus are a requirement for stuff like BD-Live to work properly. It's just what the studio's what to do with it, if they want to defeat the resume function, then oh well that's what they're going to do.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
I've tried that. But it seems to want me to create a freaking clip.

This is just unreal. I mean isn't is supposed to give some freaking "improved" features? It makes it worse. I hate it. Just give me the freaking features in fantastic quality and they can stuff all these other trinkets up their bungholes
Really? Because I've done it plenty of times. You bookmark where you left off, and when you click it, it resumes at that part exactly.