Blade Runner case - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 PM

Default Blade Runner case

few questions about the packaging for blade runner. Do they still make the thicker case? or is it just the standard sized blu ray case now? Cuz i'd actually prefer to have it with the larger case. and how do they keep the disks in place in each version?

I was just wondering. =D
Old 01-21-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
few questions about the packaging for blade runner. Do they still make the thicker case? or is it just the standard sized blu ray case now? Cuz i'd actually prefer to have it with the larger case. and how do they keep the disks in place in each version?

I was just wondering. =D
I don't actually own it, so I don't know how the disks are kept inside. I have seen it sitting there at Best Buy and the case is thicker than a normal BD case. It's like what they use for some TV shows (such as Terminator, Chuck, etc.). FYI as well, it is only $24.99 at Amazon.com. I am probably going to buy it from there eventually since it's cheap.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:10 AM

its only in the thinner case now, but its still thicker than a standard case its about the size of UK cases or the Wall-E 3 disc case. Both of them just have 1 disc in the regular spot and two inserts that have a disc on each side, the only difference being the inserts, the slimmer one has the same inserts WB has used with TDK and Speed Racer that are really thin to save room and the thicker case has thicker inserts, more like the ones on Disneys 3-Disc cases or the Lost boxsets(but WBs are flimsier than Disneys)

I have the thicker case and the discs pop out if it falls of a shelf or if it gets shaken, then they slide around in the case. I dont have the thinner case but its similar to TDK and i have had no problems with that case...
Old 02-11-2009, 12:34 PM

I've got the thicker case and haven't had any problems with discs coming loose, but still at WB making my release day case look like a fat slob. I'd totally trade up for younger and skinnier if I could, I guess that's just the type of guy I am. Still mad at fox about the X-files season DVD sets too.

Last edited by MrAngles; 02-16-2009 at 04:03 PM.