WANTED Limited Edition dislike - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 PM

Thumbs down WANTED Limited Edition dislike

Hello everyone, just received it today by mail from FYE.com (at $39.59 its a hella of a deal) and the only dislike I have with the awesome packaging is that both the BD disc and Digital Copy are mounted on top of each other, in a really cheap cardboard spindle. Which can persuade some scratching, mounting discs on top of another is a really bad idea.

You guys that have picked up the Giftset also hate this issue when it comes to the discs? (If yes, what have you done differently to prevent the discs from touching each others surface?)

Thank you all very much.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:04 PM

no one picked up the Giftset?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:07 PM

You might have better luck with responses if you wait more than 12 minutes before checking back on the thread. That being said, I didn't buy the giftset. Heck, I didn't even buy the standard edition.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:09 PM

is FYE the only place to get that? That kind of raised a red flag for me, they tend to charge full MSRP... at least they seemed to everytime I've been in one of their stores.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:09 PM

lee09 when the Blair Witch BD come out?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_f View Post
You might have better luck with responses if you wait more than 12 minutes before checking back on the thread. That being said, I didn't buy the giftset. Heck, I didn't even buy the standard edition.
lol...funny. Usually there is a lot of viewing but no responses, gotta hype it in order to get some responses. But thanks you helped a lot?

None of you guys have answered my question up to this point, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
is FYE the only place to get that? That kind of raised a red flag for me, they tend to charge full MSRP... at least they seemed to everytime I've been in one of their stores.
If you have the Backstage pass you get it @ $39.59, if not then its $43.99 which is still a great deal considering Best Buy and Circuit City have it over the $50 mark. And retail is $69.99
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM

I have the giftset and yes, that's the only negative about the set. The rest are neat but should have just kept the regular blu.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:44 PM

This thread is unnecessary. There's already a Wanted thread you could have posted this in, not to mention the fact that you didn't need to bump it (bumping isn't really a beloved practice around here, though you're a 500+ poster so you should have picked up on it). If a thread isn't getting any replies, there's probably a reason beyond "it's not near the top so nobody must see it".
Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrdh View Post
I have the giftset and yes, that's the only negative about the set. The rest are neat but should have just kept the regular blu.
Thank you very much myrdh for providing on-topic answers, truly appreciated.

Yeah, Uni apparently didnt plan the disc method very precisely.

Myrdh did you do anything different with the discs? Im thinking of removing the Digital Copy putting it in a white paper sleeve (like The Incredible Hulk) and leaving the BD edition in there alone. What you think?

Once again thank you.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_f View Post
You might have better luck with responses if you wait more than 12 minutes before checking back on the thread.
Haha so true. SO true.