need a little education on digital copies - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2009, 02:08 PM

Default need a little education on digital copies

I am sorry if this has been asked but I am curious about digital copies and I-pod. I would like to know how it works and how you get it to your i-pod. I would assume that not all digital copies will work with i-tunes/i-pod. How do I find out which do work with I-tunes. I have an I-pod nano and would like to try to see if I can get a movie on my i-pod, I would also assume that movies do take lots of space so they could be easily deleted. Thanks to anyone that can educate me.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:13 PM

dark knight downloads straight from itunes, i haven't checked out any of my others
Old 01-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Not all Digital Copies support iPod. You have to check the packaging. All Fox and Lionsgate titles do. However, Warner only recently began supporing iPod with Dark Knight. Earlier titles only work with Windows Media. Digital Copies from Sony are restricted to the PSP and PS3.

For those titles that do offer iPod compatibility, you put the disc in your DVD-Rom drive, then enter the provided code and your computer will upload the file to iTunes. From there, you can transfer it to your iPod just like any other music or movies.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Fox, Lionsgate, Universal Studios all support iTunes. I'm forgetting some others too I bet.

Paramount released The Love Guru which supports iTunes, but their recent release of With Out A Paddle: Nature's Calling is Windows Media only.

Warner is a mixed bag, and depends on the title.

Sony has Hancock which is PSP only, but now supports iTunes in other digital copy releases.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:55 PM

yeah pineapple express is sony and it has itunes support, so i assume they're on the ball for future releases
Old 01-08-2009, 03:27 PM

Thank you this helps, I will experiment with it this weekend and see
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 PM

David Lynch has a tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
Old 01-16-2009, 07:31 PM

Who here uses Digital Copy and do you really see a lot of value in having it come with the movie? It's interesting that so many studios have started jumping on this. I'm just not too sure though...
Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDverse View Post
Who here uses Digital Copy and do you really see a lot of value in having it come with the movie? It's interesting that so many studios have started jumping on this. I'm just not too sure though...
I think it's a nice added bonus, as long as the cost isn't built into the MSRP, because honestly, I did -- and can -- live without digital copies. They are cool to have, but not worth being forced to pay extra for.

I only watch them on flights and other similar situations, and in those cases, I can just go buy a digital copy from itunes before the flight since I know that is when I'll use it.

Although, on the other side of the argument, I think digital copies will help bridge the gap between DVD and Blu for some fence-sitters. Maybe that ability to still have the movie in a digital form for their non-HD setups will be the added value they need to convert to HD...
Old 01-17-2009, 04:23 AM

I have a laptop and I enjoy being able to take those movies anywhere on my hard drive. It's not like I watch them all the time, but in he car, doctor's office, or wherever, it's a nice option.