BD-Live + Universal + BD35 = No Go? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-28-2008, 02:54 PM

Default BD-Live + Universal + BD35 = No Go?

Does BD-Live Universal titles work on the BD35? And yes I do have the latest firmware, a SD Card in the player, the player is 2.0 and there is an internet connection to the player. I know the BD-Live works cause I tried it on Dark Knight.
Here's my list of Universal title with no luck on BD-Live:
HellBoy 2, Wanted, Incredible Hulk, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Mummy Tomb Of the Dragon and Death Race.
Is it just me where this doesn't work?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:01 PM

I've also had trouble wtih Tomb of the Dragon Emperor on my BD-P1500, Heroes season 2BD-live worked well however.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:16 PM

I got the Incredible Hulk from BB Online; I'll try the BD Live feature on my BD35 tonight.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
I got the Incredible Hulk from BB Online; I'll try the BD Live feature on my BD35 tonight.
Write back with what happens.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:37 AM

I think I have the exact same problem. BD-35 and all Universal BD-Live DVDs I've tried don't work: Hulk 2, Mummy 3, Wanted. I also have the latest firmware. I'm going back and forth with Panasonic support, but haven't gotten any useful information yet. BTW: "Don't work" as in "when I select BD-Live, it goes only through the tutorial, but I never get the BD-Live Center". Has anybody been able to make this work?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:50 AM

Supprisingly Heroes S2 BD-Live worked just fine for me, so I'm not sure what they did between that release and now to futz things up.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotInHD View Post
Write back with what happens.
I didn't get a chance to try Universal Sunday night - the Broncos/Chargers football game was too good (but not for the Broncos )

OK, I tried Incredible Hulk, Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, and Wanted last night and nope, none of the BD Live works on the Panasonic BD 35. Various error messages - Hulk was the worst, just a blank screen that required an eject disc to get rid of. Dragon Emperor told me I needed a player that supported BD Live and an internet connection; Wanted said something about there being no update available. Warner & Disney BD Live work fine on the player.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRosendahl View Post
I think I have the exact same problem. BD-35 and all Universal BD-Live DVDs I've tried don't work: Hulk 2, Mummy 3, Wanted. I also have the latest firmware. I'm going back and forth with Panasonic support, but haven't gotten any useful information yet. BTW: "Don't work" as in "when I select BD-Live, it goes only through the tutorial, but I never get the BD-Live Center". Has anybody been able to make this work?
Okay, I ran more of the typical tests myself - same result. Panasonic claims they were able to access BD-Live from the BD35 player with Wanted (f/w 1.6) and it worked fine. I ordered The Dark Knight to test BD-Live with a disk not from Universal.

Now, Panasonic claims I'm the first to report any such issues. They urge everyone with similar issues to open a case (call 800 272-7033; the system unfortunately won't recognize Blu-ray at first and connect you to the wrong dept - patience!). That way they can figure out if this a systemic issue or a defect in individual players.

I'll report back once I've tried out other BD-Live content. I'm not keen on exchanging my player...
Old 12-30-2008, 01:34 PM

Seems like a lot of people are getting this 'problem'. Why can't they come up with a new firmware. I have no time to call that number till the weekend and see if I get any luck.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:38 PM

Crazzeto do you have the BD35?