Disney BD Live Problems - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 AM

Default Disney BD Live Problems

BD Live is working on all my discs except Disney BD Live. I think the Disney BD Live is messed up. Initially I had trouble registering at all. Then finally I managed to get registered and actually access the Disney BD Live for one day. Ever since then I can't get Wall E to work on Disney Bd Live at all. I have tried to reformat my memory card etc. I have the Panasonic DMP-BD35 player. Again, can update my firmware access non-Disney Bd Live content.

When I try, I get the following error:

"The Disney BD-Live Network is not currently available in your location. For more information, please refer to DisneyBluray.com".

Disney needs to fix this. I am not sure if it's an error that exists with the Disney BD Live network and just my player or if this is more widespread.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:21 AM

Yeah, I get that issue with disney BD live as well... Don't hesitate to use the 800 number found on www.disneybdlive.com, contact link at the bottom of the page.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDog View Post
BD Live is working on all my discs except Disney BD Live. I think the Disney BD Live is messed up. Initially I had trouble registering at all. Then finally I managed to get registered and actually access the Disney BD Live for one day. Ever since then I can't get Wall E to work on Disney Bd Live at all. I have tried to reformat my memory card etc. I have the Panasonic DMP-BD35 player. Again, can update my firmware access non-Disney Bd Live content.

When I try, I get the following error:

"The Disney BD-Live Network is not currently available in your location. For more information, please refer to DisneyBluray.com".

Disney needs to fix this. I am not sure if it's an error that exists with the Disney BD Live network and just my player or if this is more widespread.
It's a problem with the Panasonic BD35 player. Like you, all my BD Live discs work except Wall-E (just got Prince Caspian in yesterday and haven't had a chance to try it yet). What the Panasonic isn't doing is checking the Disney site on initial disc read and downloading the disc "update" (BD Live software). That Disney "not currently available in your location" is just a generic error message that your player is not 2.0, or doesn't have enough memory or internet connection speed. I temporaily had a Sony BDP350, and Wall-E worked fine on it and that's where I could see what the Panasonic isn't doing.

I reported the problem to Panasonic support and sure others have as well, so hopefully a firmware update will be out soon to correct the problem.

EDIT: I just checked the Panasonic Support site. The most recent FW for North America is ver. 1.6, released Dec. 8. But I do see a Dec. 15 update for Europe, so hopefully they're working on an update for us.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:43 PM

I just got The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor on bluray last night and that disc is also having trouble recognizing the BD-P1500's BD-Live capability. I wonder if there's something going on with the code that is supposed to determain if a player is profile 2.0
Old 12-19-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
I just got The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor on bluray last night and that disc is also having trouble recognizing the BD-P1500's BD-Live capability. I wonder if there's something going on with the code that is supposed to determain if a player is profile 2.0
I've been trying to snag Tomb of the Dragon Emperor from Blockbuster Online to try it - the HDD review didn't make it sound like a title I want to own.

Just tried Disney BD Live on Prince Caspian, it works perfectly on my Panny BD35. Strange Wall-E doesn't work.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:16 PM

Yeah I have issues with Prince Caspian on the 1500, for some reason the 1500 doesn't like a jar file the BD live uses on that disc to store screens of the movie.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:50 PM

OK, this is weird. My son put in Wall E today and something different happened. As you know Disney BD Live has not been working. However, this time instead of the usual previews after load...my screen went straight into Disney BD Live. I got this blue screen with a pop up and a flag in the corner saying "Online". The pop read "This disc requires an updated to use Disney BD Live features". Then it proceeds to download an update.

When the update was complete, it took me directly into Disney BD Live. No previews and no main menu....straight into Disney BD Live. Now all of the sudden Wall E is working fine.

Disney fix this with some sort of software updae loaded to my memory card maybe? Like you guys, I was convinced this was a firmware issue that Panasonic needed to fix. Maybe this was a temporary fix from Disney?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:58 PM

Well, my Wall-E now works too on the Panny BD35!

I tried it after getting Disney BD Live worked on Prince Caspian, and thought that was the difference. But, I did spend 20 minutes with Disney support reporting the problem with Wall-E, so who knows? Either Disney did something or installing the Prince Caspian BD Live made the difference.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:40 AM

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle... It works now in my BD-P1500 as well!!! I wonder if there was some sort of server side error at play here... If so then seriously, disney needs to implement automated error reporting. It's not hard on a corperate net, hell I've implemented systems that paged tech support when the system was down.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDog View Post
Disney fix this with some sort of software updae loaded to my memory card maybe? Like you guys, I was convinced this was a firmware issue that Panasonic needed to fix. Maybe this was a temporary fix from Disney?
Disney tech support called me back and said Wall-E BD Live had been having "some issues with some players" and that they had made some revisions to the software and that it should work fine now. He was happy to hear that not only does it work on my player now, others on this forum with a Panasonic BD 35 and Samsung BDP1500 reported that it worked on their players.

So, it does seem to be a fix from Disney.