BD-Live doesn't work on several titles - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Default BD-Live doesn't work on several titles

Hi,
I have the BD-Live feature that doesn't work on several recent titles, like "The X-Files: I Want to Believe", "Kung Fu Panda" and "Tropic Thunder".
On other titles, like The Dark Knight or Disney Titles, the BD-Live is OK.
I have a Playstation 3 with latest firmware.
Someone else has this issue?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-14-2008, 01:03 AM
crazzeto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,885
Default

Well then, that's odd all those work on my BD-P1500... How is your BD-Live setting configured? Always on? If not try that, if it is then bizzaro... What region do you live in just out of curiosity? Are all your discs for the region you live in?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Hi,
I have the BD-Live feature that doesn't work on several recent titles, like "The X-Files: I Want to Believe", "Kung Fu Panda" and "Tropic Thunder".
On other titles, like The Dark Knight or Disney Titles, the BD-Live is OK.
I have a Playstation 3 with latest firmware.
Someone else has this issue?
Thanks
Hi Terry,
I had the same problem until i discovered the BD data utility in the PS3

All you have to do is go to video in your XMB scroll to the top and you'll see the folder, open it and you'll see data from the Blu Ray discs you have played.
Delete the data from the films where BD Live is not playing and re load the disc. it should aork after that.

I have kung fu panda and tropic thunder, i got tropic before the online features were activated. the ps3 for some reason was unable to see them until the cache was deleted.

Hope this helps

Oh also, i don't think it matters about region as i have US discs and i live in UK and all works fine.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Well then, that's odd all those work on my BD-P1500... How is your BD-Live setting configured? Always on? If not try that, if it is then bizzaro... What region do you live in just out of curiosity? Are all your discs for the region you live in?
The PS3 & BD-P1500 seem to be the best bets so far for BD Live. Disney BD Live doesn't work on my Panasonic BD35; it works on my Sony BD350, and I can see on the 350 that what the Panasonic isn't doing is checking and downloading the Disney BD Live software from their site. Warner BD Live works with the Dark Knight, although it requires username & password when logging back in, even with the "save login information" checked. But I couldn't get BD Live to work at all with the Dark Knight on the Sony BD350.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16
Default

CochiseGuy--you are able to get Dark knight bd live to work on the panasonic bd35? I dont know if you saw my other thread but I am having trouble getitng anything to work right on that player at all--not only does it forget the login information but the streaming video seems to freeze at the end and the title of the video clips stays superimposed over the video the whole time. And have ou tried the user commentary?--when I do the clip will play but no commentary shows up. I'm wondering if the fact i have too cheap a memory card in there--just got a 2gb sd one for 7 bucks and tihnk I should try a SDHC one--what kind are you using?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelbert View Post
CochiseGuy--you are able to get Dark knight bd live to work on the panasonic bd35? I dont know if you saw my other thread but I am having trouble getitng anything to work right on that player at all--not only does it forget the login information but the streaming video seems to freeze at the end and the title of the video clips stays superimposed over the video the whole time. And have ou tried the user commentary?--when I do the clip will play but no commentary shows up. I'm wondering if the fact i have too cheap a memory card in there--just got a 2gb sd one for 7 bucks and tihnk I should try a SDHC one--what kind are you using?
Yes, I got the Dark KNight BD Live to work fine on my BD35. Yes, it doesn't save my login info even though I have it checked to save it. Not sure if that's the player's fault or poor design by Warner - it does say "deleting persistent storage" when you exit, so it seems it deletes the login info also - but a member with a PS3 says it does save is login info on the PS3. No problems with streaming videos, and I didn't have the problem with playing the Imax extra video clip you mention in the other thread having problems with. I haven't tried the commentary - I was more interested in the community screening feature.

I'm using a Kingston 2GB SD Memory card I ordered from Amazon with the player - it was under $7, and seems to work fine. Iron Man is the only other BD Live title I've used with the card & player; as I said, Wall-E doesn't seem to work on the BD35 currently - I contacted Panasonic support and reported the problem with Wall-E, so hopefully a firmware update will be coming out to fix the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonicwave View Post
Hi Terry,
I had the same problem until i discovered the BD data utility in the PS3

All you have to do is go to video in your XMB scroll to the top and you'll see the folder, open it and you'll see data from the Blu Ray discs you have played.
Delete the data from the films where BD Live is not playing and re load the disc. it should aork after that.

I have kung fu panda and tropic thunder, i got tropic before the online features were activated. the ps3 for some reason was unable to see them until the cache was deleted.

Hope this helps

Oh also, i don't think it matters about region as i have US discs and i live in UK and all works fine.
Thanks subsonicwave, that helps a lot!
Well, I still have some issue with X-Files, but I see a new frame with some clues for the game at beginning. So I think it's on a good way!
I can see now BD-Live on King Fu Panda and Tropic Thunder.

In fact, I work for medias and I receive the BD editions before the street date. And I try the BD-Live before the street date. So I imagine that the PS3 stores some bad info for the system.
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16
Default

Thanks CochiseGuy--starting to think I made a big mistake by sending my original receipt to Disney for my 2 free blurays so soon. Sounds like I have a problem with the player since everyone else can get the disc to work
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-15-2008, 12:03 AM
crazzeto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Yes, I got the Dark KNight BD Live to work fine on my BD35. Yes, it doesn't save my login info even though I have it checked to save it. Not sure if that's the player's fault or poor design by Warner - it does say "deleting persistent storage" when you exit, so it seems it deletes the login info also - but a member with a PS3 says it does save is login info on the PS3. No problems with streaming videos, and I didn't have the problem with playing the Imax extra video clip you mention in the other thread having problems with. I haven't tried the commentary - I was more interested in the community screening feature.

I'm using a Kingston 2GB SD Memory card I ordered from Amazon with the player - it was under $7, and seems to work fine. Iron Man is the only other BD Live title I've used with the card & player; as I said, Wall-E doesn't seem to work on the BD35 currently - I contacted Panasonic support and reported the problem with Wall-E, so hopefully a firmware update will be coming out to fix the problem.
The player not keeping user data is a player issue, it manages to keep login data perfectly on my BD-P1500. I also get the "deleting persitant storage" message when exiting, I think it's supposed to just be deliting temp data downloaded, not your login data. At least that's how it functions on my sammy.... I think BD-Live is just inherently too complicated right now, I can't want for studio's and CE's to get together and fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10
Arrow Panasonic BD35 and 55 Does Work With BD-LIVE Titles

I experienced many of the same error messages noted here with Disney, and Warner Bros titles such as The Dark Knight and Wall-E.

The fix turned out to be simple. Make sure you're using an SDHC card that has at least 2GB and is at least a Class 2 (read/write speed).

Also make sure the card is fully seated in the slot without being forceful. If need be, push on it enough to have it easily removed and try to seat it again.

All my "network not available messages went away" and the disc and the SDHC card interact immediately. Eventually you'll get a logon/register splash screen for the studio that released your title.

Panasonic failed to mention in their owners manual that YOU MUST HAVE A SDHC CARD INSTALLED FOR BD-LIVE TO WORK.

What the manual says is you can use an SDHC card to view photos and home movies (filmed on your HD camcorders). The manual further suggested a 1GB minimum card with Class 2.

Spoke with Panasonic Tech Support and they suggested the 2GB minimum. They admitted they omitted vital information on having to have an SDHC card to use BD-LIVE and note tech support said 2GB minimum instead of the manual's stated minimum of 1GB. It doesn't appear that they've updated their tech support website with this important information either.

In practice: I first used a Kingston 4GB Class 2 card it worked just fine.

Four Disney titles, 1 Warner Bros. titles used up a total of 160 MB of space. Either the player or the Discs create a folder titled BUDA on your Card. All your BD-LIVE files regardless of studio or title will all be stored in this folder. Obviously it will take a while to fill up a 2 or 4GB Card.

I live by the rule of buy as much speed and capacity at the best price possible. So after this experiment worked, I ordered a Transcend 4GB Class 6 card (faster speeds than Class 2) from Amazon for $8.59 with free shipping (Amazon Prime Member) and no sales tax.

Backed up the BUDA folder off the Kingston card and then copied it onto the new Transcend card. Inserted the new/faster Transcend into my BD35 and it picked right up where the other card left off.

Obviously you can use this method to upgrade to larger or faster cards if you need more capacity or speed in the future.

One last note. Panasonic officially only recommends their SDHC cards and the tech support person said she would suggest SanDisk too. Good quality to be sure, but overpriced even on Amazon. Kingston and Transcend work just fine and other brands will too.

Read the buyer reviews carefully at Amazon and other sites like Buy.com. All these cards have to be manufactured to meet the same specifications. That doesn't mean that some aren't poorly assembled. So read the reviews and then get yourself some great deals.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony: XBOX 360 doesn't even work; not sustainable; HD-DVD dead within months macd23 Gaming Smackdown 173 02-28-2008 01:24 PM
HD-A30 STILL doesn't work! darmok HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 2 02-16-2008 08:55 PM
My 10% off at Amazon doesn't work anymore! issa3032 Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 41 01-26-2008 08:43 PM
Sony Pictures goes downloading too, with an interesting twist(Doesn't work on Xbox 36 Deadmeat High Definition Smackdown 11 01-11-2008 09:09 PM
DVE HD DVD still doesn't work for Xbox 360 vahdyx HD DVD Software General Discussion 5 05-13-2007 07:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off