Bothersome "bonusview" Box While Watching Some Movies. Please Help - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 PM

Default Bothersome "bonusview" Box While Watching Some Movies. Please Help

Okay all, my father has a 52 inch Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV with a Samsung 1500 that I bought him several months ago. PQ comes out great but on some movies, it says "BONUSVIEW" on the top left of the screen but we can't seem to get rid of it. He's watching Hellboy II right now and it's there. Same when he saw "The Incredible Hulk" on his TV/Player. He tried pressing the "Bonusview" button on his samsung remote. Doesn't work. Can someone tell me how to remedy this? Preferably through private message? Thanx!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:44 AM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

i posted a thread on this in the hardware section a while back.
i dont have my link to it but if you do a search iam sure it will pop up in it you will see where i wrote exactly what to do to turn the bonus view overlay off while watching movies. i was very annoyed when i was watching my mummy movies back in july and quickly found out how to disable it.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:33 PM

Thats nice..... It would've been nice if you posted the link to the thread you posted it in though...... I'd gladly appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:50 PM

There is a new firmware upgrade for the Samsung player that will take care of this problem.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:52 PM

Turn off message notifications
Old 12-03-2008, 05:39 PM

The latest firmware for the BD-UP5000 didn't fix it
Old 12-05-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Turn off message notifications
Yes, but how?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
Yes, but how?
In the setup menus, I can't remember where I found it on the BD-P1500 but it wasn't in the most obvious place. Just search the menus some, it will pop right out at you when you find the right one.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 PM

Yeah, what Craz said, just poke around the setup menus and you'll figure it out. The only annoying part though is that *all* onscreen messages will be disabled. So no more indicators for fast foward, pause, etc... Considering that the 1500 is an excellent player in every other respect, I can forgive this one snafu.

Oh and older profile 1.0 Samsungs do this as well if optional content is available (not bonus view content of course). I was watching one of the Ray Harryhausen Blu-Rays that let you toggle between the B&W and color versions and the stupid "Angle" message stayed up the whole time (until I disabled onscreen displays on that player as well).
Old 12-05-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnerd View Post
Yeah, what Craz said, just poke around the setup menus and you'll figure it out. The only annoying part though is that *all* onscreen messages will be disabled. So no more indicators for fast foward, pause, etc... Considering that the 1500 is an excellent player in every other respect, I can forgive this one snafu.

Oh and older profile 1.0 Samsungs do this as well if optional content is available (not bonus view content of course). I was watching one of the Ray Harryhausen Blu-Rays that let you toggle between the B&W and color versions and the stupid "Angle" message stayed up the whole time (until I disabled onscreen displays on that player as well).
Okay fellas I will check this out. Hopefully it will work. Thanks everybody!