whats with the blu ray cases? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-30-2008, 12:20 AM

Default whats with the blu ray cases?

this goes for hd dvd to

how some of them are skinny and have a latch and some are more round and dont have a latch make up your mine it kind of makes my collection look a little weird

it doenst seem like it matters which publisher or genre or how many disc the case holds but for some reason some are thick and round and some are skinny and more "square" i just want to know what the criteria is

example: pick up your copy of hancock and then pick up your copy of forgetting Sarah Marshall notice the difference
Old 11-30-2008, 12:34 AM

More than one company manufactures cases. Some studios use some case manufacturers to supply their stock of cases while other studios use others. Pretty simple.

PS - If it really bothers you, you can buy standalone cases all from a single manufacturer for probably a buck or two apiece and change out all your current discs into those. But then see a psychiatrist about your OCD.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Wow, if that bugs you I can't imagine what other things do. I personally only hate digibooks.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:53 AM

i never said it really made me mad or anything it just looks a little weird so stop with the insults but i was just wondering

and the first thing i thought was different publishers but walk hard has a round case and swat has a thin case they are both maid by the same publishers so???

im not trying to act like this is a big conspiracy or anything and im not tryin to demand that they use one case for all movies but i simply wanted to know the reason for this it just seems stupid to use different cases
Old 11-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahahahaudead View Post
i never said it really made me mad or anything it just looks a little weird so stop with the insults but i was just wondering

and the first thing i thought was different publishers but walk hard has a round case and swat has a thin case they are both maid by the same publishers so???

im not trying to act like this is a big conspiracy or anything and im not tryin to demand that they use one case for all movies but i simply wanted to know the reason for this it just seems stupid to use different cases
I think they just use what they can get, nothing much else to it.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:09 AM

I prefer the Elite style case and the different cases in my rack bother me. But I just buy extra Elite style cases and when I buy a movie if its not the case I like I just replace it.

Im just looking forward to start getting Elite style cases that hold 3/4/5/6 discs. Its nonsense that no one has brought these to market yet.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
I think they just use what they can get, nothing much else to it.
Your right it just happens to be what ever case they happen to be getting at the moment when the produce the movie.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:02 PM

Wait until you get an European release.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eny- View Post
Wait until you get an European release.
The cases are so bulky and fat