Pirates Trilogy packaging screwups? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Default Pirates Trilogy packaging screwups?

I just got the Pirates boxed trilogy set from Amazon.com a few days ago and only the 2nd movie had a slipsleeve on it (1 and 3 did not). Also, only the 3rd movie had a Disney Movie Rewards code in it, but not the first two.

How did I get the shaft here? Did they just throw any three movies they could find into the box and shrink-wrap it? Now I'm on a hunt at retail stores to get a legitimate newer set with slipsleeves and a Disney Movie Rewards codes for each of the three.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Ethan
Old 11-16-2008, 04:03 PM

We had a thread on this before, but I cant seem to find it. Very strange indeed.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:33 PM

Not sure about the rewards issue, but the slipcase "problem" isn't a problem. That's how every one of the box sets is packaged. Meanwhile, I just bought Pirates 1 from Best Buy and ended up with the badly framed version where people's heads are chopped off at the top of the screen during certain scenes. Almost a year after Disney admitted this is a problem and the likes of Best Buy are STILL selling the bad version of it. Ridiculous.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Not sure about the rewards issue, but the slipcase "problem" isn't a problem. That's how every one of the box sets is packaged. Meanwhile, I just bought Pirates 1 from Best Buy and ended up with the badly framed version where people's heads are chopped off at the top of the screen during certain scenes. Almost a year after Disney admitted this is a problem and the likes of Best Buy are STILL selling the bad version of it. Ridiculous.
is there any way to tell if your copy is a messed up one without having to watch it?

upc number different? that 5 digit number on the spine?