AWFUL Omen Collection packaging - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-08-2008, 04:18 PM

Default AWFUL Omen Collection packaging

Did anyone else recieve this flimsy, cheap looking digi pack? I was hoping it would be 4 individual cases (so I could sell the remake and keep the original 3). Disappointed.

Anyone know where i can find custom cover art from Omen 1 - 3?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:29 PM

Got Pictures?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

The packaging really is terrible, my screener came and was so disappointed. Not only is it DVD-sized, but the cardboard is so cheap, and the disc holders are foam circles. It really is the worst Blu-ray packaging ever.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Contributor

I just picked up a copy for review and the packaging is bad... almost as bad as the HD DVD packaging for 'Battlestar Galactica Season 1.' The flimsy cardboard container is also the same height as a standard DVD case -- it's pretty unsightly when you sit it next to other BDs.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Brown View Post
I just picked up a copy for review and the packaging is bad... almost as bad as the HD DVD packaging for 'Battlestar Galactica Season 1.' The flimsy cardboard container is also the same height as a standard DVD case -- it's pretty unsightly when you sit it next to other BDs.
Ken, my thoughts exactly. I didn't even realize it was DVD-sized until I put it on my shelf to see how ugly it looks with my Blu-ray movies.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:51 PM

honestly it just continues to boggle my mind how pathetic Fox continues to generally do with it's older bd releases.
I mean do the people in their home video dept just sit around all day thinking of more ways they can diss their amazing catalog on Blu-ray?
Fox and MGM truly continue to be unfathomably awful with how they treat their back catalogs.
thank god that the early reports indicate a grand slam by MGM regarding the Bond catalog restorations.
at least it gives us hope that MGM may finally be getting a semblance of a clue of what the expectations are for a good bd release.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
Ken, my thoughts exactly. I didn't even realize it was DVD-sized until I put it on my shelf to see how ugly it looks with my Blu-ray movies.
I told you it was DVD-sized...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 PM

That sounds like the Dirty Harry Collection. I don't even have it mixed in with my collection because the damn thing is so large. I have it relegated to a shelf containing the few remaining DVD's that I still have the cases for, most are in a travel case, and amongst my remaining PS2 and PS1 cases. Talk about needlessly huge cases, those early PS1 cases were HUGE. Something to do with them competing with 3D0 or something.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 PM

I like the Dirty Harry Collection packaging.

Of course the more important questions related to The Omen Collection are the quality of the Blu-rays in it. It sounds like overall they are pretty good. Hopefully my set will arrive tomorrow and I can see for myself.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
I told you it was DVD-sized...
The one Blu collection I have been waiting for all week is even worse than what you told me earlier in the week? LOL!