Sony launching Blu-ray Club on Oct. 7 (also, BD-Live will be down). - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-06-2008, 10:52 AM

Default Sony launching Blu-ray Club on Oct. 7 (also, BD-Live will be down).

Hey guys, I just got an e-mail from Sony saying that they are going to launch a BD-Live Club starting Oct 7. For ever movie you register on BD-Live, you'll earn points that can go towards other Blu-rays and a lot of other Sony stuff.

Here's the link:

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/base/

Also, BD-Live will be going down today for scheduled maintenance. I guess its to update the format to incorporate the rewards system.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know. I think this'll be really cool.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM

I am excited about it but I have already registered all of my Sony BD's. I hope that they are already in the system or that I can reenter them.

edit.... The site wont let me log in. Perhaps because it hasnt had its maintainence yet. Has anyone been able to use a pre-existing LIVE account to log in ? Has anyone had any luck creating a new one from the site ? Why send out the e-mail and announce it before it is up ? Silly.

editx2.... Is this login different from your LIVE login ? I am confused now.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:40 PM

Hmm...I wonder if there will be a way to register Sony BD titles outside of BD-Live (e.g., by visiting a website with a registration code, like Disney's rewards). If not, then Sony might anger the S300 buyers who can't take advantage of the program.

Yes, I have an S300, and no, I'm not complaining about the lack of BD-Live access. I accept that the player won't be able to access BD-Live content, because that's what I bought. But not being able to utilize a Sony loyalty purchasing program because my Sony player can't get online? That seems a tad unfair.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned

Might be cool depending what it is.

However, I do know Sleeping Beauty (Disney) will have their own "rewards" where you get "points" to use to download ringtones, wallpapers etc. I hope that is not what Sony is doing but actual real, physical rewards (discs etc.).
Old 10-06-2008, 04:29 PM

Sweeet! I hope they do giveaways and stuff
Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM

Depending on the prizes it will be a waste of time. Sony should have been rewarding those who have been faithfully sticking to Blu-Ray when competing against HD-DVD. Where's my reward for purchasing a damn Samsung BD-P1000 player @ $799.99 back then?? And the Disney Rewards is a joke as well. Once you collect enough points and select your prize, you still have to pay an arm and a leg for the shipping and handling charges. I had to pay four freaking dollars to ship the blu ray edition of Light'n Mcqueen car.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:28 PM

i think the hdd story about this is a bit early since the link they give doesn't seem to be live yet. http://www.sonyrewards.com/bluray takes you straight to the regular sony rewards page. i'll have to check this out tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:36 PM

I already have 60 points, just for registering and answering a poll. I bet rewards will require a ridiculous amount of points
Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphine View Post
I already have 60 points, just for registering and answering a poll. I bet rewards will require a ridiculous amount of points
yea, looks like movies range between 2,xxx and 3,xxx points
Old 10-06-2008, 05:39 PM

Ok so I have it al set up now. It is your same id from LIVE if you have it set up. They ask you a couple of questions more like your address etc. I have 910 points now ! Each point is .01 cents and they seem to charge full MSRP.