Run, Fatboy, Fun - DTS MA 7.1 Audio Confirmed - Packaging Error - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Run, Fatboy, Fun - DTS MA 7.1 Audio Confirmed - Packaging Error

So we received "Run, Fatboy, Run" in early today at work (Blockbuster) and I was curious to see what the audio format was on this New Line release since they transfered to Warner. Strangely, the audio is labeled as "Dolby Digital 7.1" on the packaging. However, once you insert the disc it plays in DTS HD-MA 7.1...even the menu clearly states 7.1 DTS MA.

"Blow" and "Sex and the City" (the other New Line titles) did not arrive yet, so I have no idea about the specs. I'm just hoping that somehow New Line titles keep receiving DTS MA 7.1 mixes. I was amused at the fact that the packaging does not have a DTS logo on it as well, but instead a Dolby Digital logo. Can't a studio get in trouble for that kind of logo misuse?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guypictures View Post
So we received "Run, Fatboy, Run" in early today at work (Blockbuster) and I was curious to see what the audio format was on this New Line release since they transfered to Warner. Strangely, the audio is labeled as "Dolby Digital 7.1" on the packaging. However, once you insert the disc it plays in DTS HD-MA 7.1...even the menu clearly states 7.1 DTS MA.

"Blow" and "Sex and the City" (the other New Line titles) did not arrive yet, so I have no idea about the specs. I'm just hoping that somehow New Line titles keep receiving DTS MA 7.1 mixes. I was amused at the fact that the packaging does not have a DTS logo on it as well, but instead a Dolby Digital logo. Can't a studio get in trouble for that kind of logo misuse?
Warner seems to having that kind of issues, that happens with Pushing Daisies it says that the release had TrueHD track and it only has dolby digital
Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 PM

Warner has some serious quality control issues at the moment..... seriously.

Anyway.....

I'm not surprised that this got DTS-HD MA.... the older UK release did so.... I'm sure for a good long while New Line films will continue to trickle out with that codec - some titles were authored and pressed long before the Warner absorption with DTS. Newer stuff will get TrueHD but, older 'already done' titles will have NL specs.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:37 PM

Warner should consider getting their shit together... ALREADY

Too many misprints and mislabels on their DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray packagings!!!!!

And to top it all, what really amuses me is the fact that Run Fat Boy Run gets 7.1 DTS-MA and Speed Racer haha gets a lousy DD 5.1, just brilliant.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee09 View Post
Warner should consider getting their shit together... ALREADY

Too many misprints and mislabels on their DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray packagings!!!!!

And to top it all, what really amuses me is the fact that Run Fat Boy Run gets 7.1 DTS-MA and Speed Racer haha gets a lousy DD 5.1, just brilliant.
I know, right!

Obviously, the disc's mastering was completed before the takeover by Warner, and Warner just botched the packaging. But I'll be curious to see how Elf, and other titles may fare.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guypictures View Post
I know, right!

Obviously, the disc's mastering was completed before the takeover by Warner, and Warner just botched the packaging. But I'll be curious to see how Elf, and other titles may fare.
I'm sure Elf will be DD... no TrueHD and certainly no Master Audio whatsoever...

It will only be certain higher profile titles that will retain a DTS-HD MA track.... and even those will be few and far between.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee09 View Post
To be fair Speed would never have had DTS-HD MA.... at best it would have seen a 16-bit 5.1 TrueHD track.

Fatboy on the other hand (being an older, pre-transition disc) would have seen nothing less than 7.1 DTS Master Audio.

Still, Warner is making some strange decisions regarding that handling of releases..... it's pretty mind-boggling.